• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is A.R a smaller C.Newton in the rough?

Jmac

11 minutes ago, Ship said:

The only way a running QB should be compared to Cam is if they can match his size. Anything less can't be the same kind of runner. The other running QBs in the league are already not lasting a whole season. He's the only one who could withstand the running for a long period of time.

And Cam would have lasted a lot longer if refs didn't let defenses go helmet to helmet on him claiming he was a runner. Because he was such a physical mismatch for most secondaries and even linebackers he was penalized until they further tightened the rules to protect players from concussions and head injuries.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I really don't think people remember just how unique a specimen Cam Newton actually was.

I watch a lot of college football and remember his season as a must watch every play type year.  He was so good that year and the bama game in particular it was crazy.  His 2015 stretch I felt the same way.  This team let him down in so many ways during his career.   fug man what should have been

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Cam dominated the SEC at Auburn.

This. People forget how Cam completely dominated college football. In one year he literally ran over everyone for a Heisman and national championship.

AR wouldn’t sniff that in 100 lifetimes.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

his highlights are fuging stupid good, the problem however his misfires are equally as bad. 

Yeah highlights are a fun start. To see the flashes. But all snap videos need to be the next step. 

I think you and I both agree on the incredible ceiling he has. I watched a bunch of his snaps after you brought him to my attention. 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

He’s closer to Malik Willis then Cam 

He's got 3" and 10 pounds on Malik. 

He's a little bigger than Lamar-6'2" 216 at the combine, AR is 6'4" 230 and only 21. 

Cam ran a 4.6 40, AR runs a 4.4ish. Lamar ran a 4.3

Who knows if he can get more consistent as a passer. 

The nice thing is we have Reich who can actually conduct proper interviews with these QB's as opposed to whatever questions Rhule/Brady/Mcadoo were wasting peoples time with. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I watch a lot of college football and remember his season as a must watch every play type year.  He was so good that year and the bama game in particular it was crazy.  His 2015 stretch I felt the same way.  This team let him down in so many ways during his career.   fug man what should have been

I think a lot of folks forget that Auburn was a borderline top 25 team preseason that year. They were supposed to be a decent team but no one expected them to even be in the national championship conversation.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He's got 3" and 10 pounds on Malik. 

He's a little bigger than Lamar-6'2" 216 at the combine, AR is 6'4" 230 and only 21. 

Cam ran a 4.6 40, AR runs a 4.4ish. Lamar ran a 4.3

Who knows if he can get more consistent as a passer. 

The nice thing is we have Reich who can actually conduct proper interviews with these QB's as opposed to whatever questions Rhule/Brady/Mcadoo were wasting peoples time with. 

Reich doesn't have a great track record there. He loved Darnold and Wentz.

As for AR, I just don't see it. Certainly not anywhere close to Cam, didn't you guys see him at Auburn? Cam was amazing. Richardson is wildly inconsistent, and drifted through games doing absolutely nothing

• Pie 3

Is Bill Parcell's formula still applicable?  I think Brock Purdy is an example of what he meant.

1. Be a three year starter

2. Be a Senior

3. Graduate from college

4. Start over 30 games

5. Win 23 games

6. Complete over 60% of passes

7.  Post a 2-1 TD to Int ratio

As much as I realize the game is changing, I see why these things are important--each measures different qualities of his ideal QB.  Experience, maturity, intelligence, durability, competitiveness/leadership, accuracy, and decision-making. 

Which QB in this draft best meets these requirements?  

• Pie 2

30 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

He’s closer to Malik Willis then Cam 

Physical tools alone he is a lot closer to Cam

Willis: 6’0.5” 219 

Anthony Richardson 6’4 238

Cam 6’5 248

All Similar Speed.  Cam and Richardson similar arm strength.

now polished?  No where near Cam…….yet.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1