• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers hire Josh McCown as QB coach

TheSpecialJuan

Nick Carboni reminds us of another quarterback McCown coached...

From a 2019 Observer article...

At Myers Park, McCown coaches quarterbacks, including his sons Owen and Aiden. But the starter is junior Drake Maye, the nation’s No. 5 ranked pro style quarterback in his class who has committed to Alabama.

Link

• Pie 1

Please… please let all this all star potential coaching experience be able to work together, even just for a few seasons.. 

Sentimentality aside, could be a few coaches for unfinished business. Some were here at was potentially great times for the Panthers. Familiar place, completely different roles, finishing the unfinished…

I like the potential….

• Pie 3

Okay, I'm beyond intrigued now with the staff being assembled. I'm just going to sit back and watch this all unfold.

I'm really liking this so far.

It's like someone said, you want to make sure you have that locker room, then get a bunch of guys who have been players, who know the life, know the trenches.

Edited by Khyber53

What does this suggest, if anything, about the kind of QB we are going to go after?  Seems the HC and QB coach are more pro style QBs--

This is going to make me sound crazy when I realize that most of you consider me to be very, very, sane at all times---I almost--with this staff---think it may not be a bad thing to take Hall or Tune later in this draft. 

They both have good numbers, decent measurables, and experience in college.  They both seemed to have flown beneath the radar.

Edited by MHS831