• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers add Jim Caldwell

ncfan

Not sure about all these coach signings...

My fear is, there isnt a lot of faith in Reich, or he himself isnt sure and is requesting this help.

Or

The uglier side, which is too many leaders pulling in different directions which will only add confusion, and not a clear "way" of how things are done. I've been in a lot of situations with many leaders, and every one of them has their way of doing things.

Im hopeful, but this could fall apart fast.

Pete

• Poo 4

1 minute ago, PeteRozelle said:

Not sure about all these coach signings...

My fear is, there isnt a lot of faith in Reich, or he himself isnt sure and is requesting this help.

Or

The uglier side, which is too many leaders pulling in different directions which will only add confusion, and not a clear "way" of how things are done. I've been in a lot of situations with many leaders, and every one of them has their way of doing things.

Im hopeful, but this could fall apart fast.

Pete

Someone already stated that Reich and Caldwell have already worked together. He was probably in on this hire.

Why am i the only one who doesn't like this hire?

1. Ride Peyton's coat tails

2. 9-7 with lions twice when they had stafford and megatron

3. Ravens offense collapsed after super bowl with him as oc

4. Last job was in miami pre-tua when they were awful

5. HASNT COACHED IN FOUR YEARS. according to pro football reference so may have missed something

6. This was the backup plan bc whoever tepper wanted from philly said no. Why wait this long? Was caldwell and advisor for one of the two teams?  No.

tldr; this will be mcadoo 2.0, if not worse. His schemes are outdated. It will be like ron calling offense. Bland and uninspired. He survived years on talent. We get yet another coach because NO ONE WANTS TO BE HERE

• Poo 5

The QUALITY of coaching talent keeps getting assembled. Is this the Avengers Initiative? I kid.  We have a staff that contains a wealth of knowledge,  that any player, not just QB, can tap into, and soak up like a sponge.   As a fan of this franchise since before they ever played a snap in a real game,  this is the most qualified staff that has ever been here, and they're not done yet. 😳 

From my fanatic perspective,  it's impossible not to feel excited about the potential of this team.  

It's easy to see why the front office was impressed with Frank. He indeed has a plan, and is wasting no time with executing it. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

5. HASNT COACHED IN FOUR YEARS. according to pro football reference so may have missed something

6. This was the backup plan bc whoever tepper wanted from philly said no. Why wait this long? Was caldwell and advisor for one of the two teams?  No.

tldr; this will be mcadoo 2.0, if not worse. His schemes are outdated. It will be like ron calling offense. Bland and uninspired. He survived years on talent. We get yet another coach because NO ONE WANTS TO BE HERE

He is not the OC. He is Dom Capers on offense. 

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, RumHam said:

There have been numerous teams trying to get Caldwell on staff over the last few years and we were able to land him. He’s not the OC.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

1. Ride Peyton's coat tails Caldwell led Indy to tied for best record of Peyton's career  (14-2)

2. 9-7 with lions twice when they had stafford and megatron don't forget about the 11-5 season they had too, also Detroit is 26-54-1 since he left

3. Ravens offense collapsed after super bowl with him as oc don't forget they won the super bowl with him as interim OC

4. Last job was in miami pre-tua when they were awful and?

5. HASNT COACHED IN FOUR YEARS. according to pro football reference so may have missed something senior assistant with Carolina

6. This was the backup plan bc whoever tepper wanted from philly said no. Why wait this long? Was caldwell and advisor for one of the two teams?  No. I don't even understand this sentence and I have three English degrees

tldr; this will be mcadoo 2.0, if not worse. His schemes are outdated. It will be like ron calling offense. Bland and uninspired. He survived years on talent. We get yet another coach because NO ONE WANTS TO BE HERE Caldwell will not be the OC.

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

He is not calling plays man.