• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr’s destination betting odds

ncfan

13 minutes ago, ncfan said:

FWIW Spotrac also has Daniel Jone’s value at 26 mil per and ESPN has been reporting he could get upwards of 32-35 mil per

Im Not No Way GIF

I really hope the Panthers are "showing interest" in order to drive up the price for the rest of the NFCS. There's no way Fitts, Tepper and Reich don't have PTSD after the past few years of other teams' castoff QBs.  

We could add two younger studs with the $32M+ we'd spend on Carr. Give me Da'Ron Payne at $19M per or Dre'Mont Jones at $10M, Okereke at $6-7M, or Geisicki/Shultz. 

Brissett isn't Carr, but the value he would bring at his $$ amount makes WAY more sense than a 32-year old Carr here. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, bythenbrs said:

Virtually no one here has actual inside sources at least not anyone that posts frequently. That doesn't stop hundreds of posts from being made here daily. Going with your logic no one should talk about anything here anymore. But it is not a stretch to suggest Carr would not be appreciative of his new team drafting a QB in the top 10 shortly after signing him to a commitment.

11 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Baltimore were playing with house money with Lamar on a rookie deal. Going forward not so much I honestly believe Carr has a better chance at winning a ring 

Carr has 1 playoff appearance in his entire career. Please don't ever mention him in the same conversation as Lamar Jackson respectfully.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Apples and oranges.

I am not a fan of bringing in Carr, but you do not sell the farm for Jackson if you do not think he is the guy--even if he did get nominated for an award that one time.  Ask fans in Denver how that kind of thinking and $$$ is working out. 

What is Jackson going to cost the franchise?  A "windfall" of picks, or they will franchise him.  What is Carr going to cost?  Zilch.  Apples and Oranges.  You are suggesting that the Panthers form the best QB coaching staff in the NFL and bring in an establish vet with a playing style that nullifies their expertise?  I just do not see it.

The goal is to get a franchise QB!

What are we talking about. So we pass on a franchise QB to take another aging 32 year old QB who has 1 playoff appearance on his resume?

I want another Cam Newton type talent. We actually made a SB with this kind of QB. Who wants to play for mediocrity every year with Derek Carr. I just don't understand why fans are against adding a franchise QB.

We been sitting on draft picks for years. If there is a chance to get a true Franchise QB you do it. But I guess all fans don't think like me...

• Pie 1

Was listening to Boomer Esiason this morning, he makes no secret that Frank Reich is his best friend.  He spoke about Carr for a while this morning and the potential of the Jets signing him (it’s a NY/NJ marketed show), and Boomer is pretty adamant that it’s going to be between the Saints and Panthers and that he think Carolina is the perfect fit and where he sees him landing.  Again he talks to Reich regularly 🤷🏻‍♂️

it might be settling in that we won’t be able to get down far enough to get one of the top 3 guys, which in that case makes Carr our best available option.  Looks like Indy and Houston are guaranteed to take 2 of them.

Edited by NJPanthers89

7 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

Was listening to Boomer Esiason this morning, he makes no secret that Frank Reich is his best friend.  He spoke about Carr for a while this morning and the potential of the Jets signing him (it’s a NY/NJ marketed show), and Boomer is pretty adamant that it’s going to be between the Saints and Panthers and that he think Carolina is the perfect fit and where he sees him landing.  Again he talks to Reich regularly 🤷🏻‍♂️

it might be settling in that we won’t be able to get down far enough to get one of the top 3 guys, which in that case makes Carr our best available option.  Looks like Indy and Houston are guaranteed to take 2 of them.

That's a given. The rest will be determined after those 2 picks. Nothing will start to come into focus until we see if the Bears trade the 1st pick before they have to make the selection.  Until that happens you will not know who may go where.