• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 CJ Trade

razorwolf

I think the top 3 picks in this year will be QB just like class of 2021 (Lawrence, Wilson, Lance). There are so many QB needy teams that someone will trade up for the top 3 picks. Sleeper teams to trade up are Vegas, Wash, Atl. Yeah I know Wash and Atl just drafted rookie QBs, but so did we and we're all hoping to draft a QB this year, why wouldn't they? Chicago and Ariz will receive a kings ransom to move down. 

56 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

2 firsts and then filler picks I would do, but I think we will be asked to bend over farther than that.

You would trade two firsts for Young or Stroud? When you have Drake Maye and Caleb Williams coming out next year? Come on man. I'd fuging sell everyone, trade everyone, and get as many picks as possible to get Maye or Williams.

Young or Stroud? Nah. 

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

Brady won a bunch of Super Bowls while not on a rookie deal. Mahomes just won one not on a rookie deal. Stafford won one not on a rookie deal. I care less about having the guy on a rookie deal and more about having a guy worth a second contract. 

How many teams win the Super Bowl with a QB they didn’t draft?

Edited by ncfan

8 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You would trade two firsts for Young or Stroud? When you have Drake Maye and Caleb Williams coming out next year? Come on man. I'd fuging sell everyone, trade everyone, and get as many picks as possible to get Maye or Williams.

Young or Stroud? Nah. 

Absolutely. I am counting on an improvement in our team due to the new staff so those guys will be out of reach next season. Now is the time to strike for Stroud.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, razorwolf said:

Just a question to anyone. 

I’ve read different places about what the colts would probably have to give up to move to #1 (23: 1st, 2nd, 5th; 24: 1st), but I figure the bears are going to want more draft capital than that! But if the bears would accept a offer of that magnitude I’d think I’d be willing to give up (2) 1st (23’ & 24’), 2nd (62), and 5th (148) to move up to #1! What is your opinion on this scenario?

It is going to take way more than that to go to #1. It would probably take our 1st and 2nd (39) this year and a 1st in 2024 and 2025 before we are even listened to.

25 minutes ago, Varking said:

Brady won a bunch of Super Bowls while not on a rookie deal. Mahomes just won one not on a rookie deal. Stafford won one not on a rookie deal. I care less about having the guy on a rookie deal and more about having a guy worth a second contract. 

The thing about Brady though is he played for less than market value and that cap space was used to bolster the team. He got paid in other ways through the Pats using his supplements or whatever else he was hocking at the time. I won't disagree about having the guy worth the second contract at all, because obviously that's what you want. I just think at some point the bubble is going to burst on these mega QB contracts because they can't win it all by themselves. You have to be able to get some other pieces. 

• Beer 1

In my opinion, you shouldn't be giving up future assets for prospects who don't satisfy one of these requirements:

a) realistic potential generational talent

b) guaranteed above average talent (I know there is never such thing as a guarantee in the NFL, but some guys come close enough)

Personally, I don't see anyone in the class that fits either of those. Stroud is the closest in this class to being a guaranteed above average quarterback and I can see why people would have him in that category, so I wouldn't be upset if we did move up for him. For the first time in my life as a fan, we actually have a staff that makes me feel comfortable almost no matter what we do. Barring a trade in which we completely tank our future assets, I trust them to make good with whichever decision they make.

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

At least 1

I mean

there’s at least 1 powerball winner

Whats the pct of teams winning one With a QB they drafted vs ones they haven’t?

I believe only 4 out of the last 19 Super Bowl winners have won it with a QB they didn’t draft

Edited by ncfan

27 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Young or Stroud? Nah. 

Problem here is the team's won't want to trade down out of the pick if those two are so generational. Go get our guy this year.

• Pie 3