• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

6 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Sign Carr, trade him and #9 pick back to Vegas and draft AR....lol! 4D chess yo! Carr is going to demand a massive salary and Panthers don't have that much cap room. This dude gave up $40 mill per year with the raiders, he is not going to take that much of a payout. 

He didnt give up anything, the Raiders were done with him, they cut him so they would not have to pay him. 

He was never going to get that 40m from the raiders. 

He is just another retread that is not winning any super bowls without a super team. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, ericr0319 said:

its a tough spot because we either have to commit to Carr first. if we do, we are out of the QB market in the draft. 

Carr is a top 12 QB? He has played for a top 3 dysfunctional franchise. Bringing him here, with this coaching staff he would thrive. He is a team player and wants to win. If we pay him then I am all in. 

Honestly, rather have Carr then move up to #1 and give up multiple first rounders. That philosophy has NEVER worked out. 

Carr is less risky. Let's say we sell the farm and move up but the rookie QB busts.  Then we are really screwed.  

Even though personally I would just keep Sam if we want to draft and develop. Sam will be much cheaper and will allow us to keep more cap space for next year when it's time to really compete.  

If I'm not mistaken we are still on the hook for CMC to the tune of $18,352,250 in 2023 because genius Fitt restructured him and then traded him after June 1st. That will hurt what we can offer to Carr.

I'm sure Fitt will be "in on every deal" and I hope he doesn't screw this up. Yes I want Carr because if we land him, and use our draft picks wisely, see my draft thread, then we can really load this team up nicely. We'd actually have a good team next season imo. I'm just aiming for a good team at this point. I'll worry about if Carr can take us to the SB when we cross that bridge. I just want to go from poop to good soon. Fitt drafting a QB could lead us to a multi-season dumpster fire with a missing first in 2024. I like the Carr option.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Gotta say we're getting a lot of AR mocks. How about Brissett with AR on some designed runs to get him comfortable? I like Hooker too, I think he's def better than Ridder/Corral. We could do better than this Center though 

Don't pay any attention to mock drafts this early in the offseason brother.