• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich: "It will be a Base 3-4 Scheme"

Bear Hands

16 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

I think we need to nab Mazi or Gervon in round two as our nose tackle. I don’t think /want Brown excels in a Nt role. I’m a lot less worried about ILB than I am with the hand in dirt players.

Marquan McCall is the man.

Edited by cookinbrak
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

15 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yeah Chinn is just hard to place if we're going to have two safeties playing back.  They seem completely capable of figuring it out, but he becomes somewhat of an outlier if we're strictly looking at Evero's defenses historicaly.  

He is going to be our big nickel. I have zero doubt about that.

I’m really not too worried about Chinn. He plays heavy handed with shocking power for his weight. Explosive. 

That’s what makes him special.

His position on paper doesn’t matter so much unless he is forced that way every play.  

He should be all over. He could line up some plays at edge, inside, or deep safety.

Let’s hope we are creative with him.   

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have to assume Brown is a DE in a 3-4.

I would assume but I don't know. I honestly think he could play either DE or NT in a 3-4. I'm curious about his role because it think we're probably going to want him to lose or gain 20 pounds or so depending on which way we want to go with him. You don't see many 320 pound 3-4 DEs or NTs. 300 at DE or 340 at NT seems more fitting.

• Beer 2

46 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yeah Chinn is just hard to place if we're going to have two safeties playing back.  They seem completely capable of figuring it out, but he becomes somewhat of an outlier if we're strictly looking at Evero's defenses historicaly.  

31 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He is going to be our big nickel. I have zero doubt about that.

Jourdan Rodrique said, knowing Evero and his tendencies that Evero may use Chinn in a hybrid role similar to Jalen Ramsey. they pretty much created a position for him and put him in a lot of different roles. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Big nickel in a 3-4?

Yeah, or you can call it buffalo nickel. Patriots ran it during their 15-1 season. Basically the alignment doesnt change but the positional player does. The reason they call it the monster/buffalo/big nickel back is bc you are asking a secondary member to play a linebacker hybrid role. 

The whole point is to cause confusion for the offense. What appears to be a base formation of 3-4 but really is a defensive mix. 

• Beer 1