• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So....ummm...Jalen Ramsey?

rayzor

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-assistant-deangelo-hall-hints-220545621.html

"On an episode of NFL Total Access this past week, NFL.com writer Adam Rank shared an intriguing exchange he had with Hall prior to joining the Carolina Panthers. And that conversation was about Los Angeles Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey, who could soon be on the move . . . to Charlotte?

“I wrote an article for NFL.com. The team that I put out there was the Cincinnati Bengals, which I thought made a lot of sense. But what was really interesting is that on the show was DeAngelo Hall—and he said, ‘Oh, don’t forget about Carolina.’ And then a couple of days later, he ends up in Carolina.”

Ramsey does have quite a few connections to a number of other new Carolina staffers—defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, defensive backs coach Jonathan Cooley and defensive line coach Todd Wash. The Panthers, additionally, could very well be in the market for another premier defensive back given Evero’s reliance on his secondary."

To all this I say, "yes, please!"

Imagine Ramsey with Horn and Chinn in the backfield? 

Oh My George Takai GIF

• Pie 3
  • The D 3
  • Flames 4
  • Poo 1

the numbers on the trade....note the difference in the trade before and after June 1, and note that the draft is in April...should affect what the cost will be.  

Also, while it would be nice to have an experienced CB in the room with our young guys, he's already had a fight with a coach in Jacksonville, turned into a situation that resulted in a trade.  But, Jacksonville was a nightmare at the time, and it got worse.  I don't think there have been any problems with the Rams.

Ramsey will most likely want a new deal from the team that trades for him.

The Rams most likely want to trade him this offseason and get something in return because they’ll need to cut him after this season due to cap and how his contract is structured

He’s my favorite non Panther player but man, I don’t know how we’d do it cap wise. Looking ahead it would be tough to do but they do want guys that can cover and him and Horn would be the best duo in football period. 

This is a move you make when you know you’ve secured the right QB on a rookie deal. Ideally imo we draft our QB and make sure he’s the guy before we start making these types of moves 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

42 minutes ago, stbugs said:

JFC, I hope this isn’t true. Trade a 6th for a few games of Gilmore and let him walk. Trade an early 3rd for CJ. Use a 1st, 4th and 5th on CBs in 2020-2021 drafts. Extend Donte to an expensive deal last year only for him to again miss a bunch of games. If we trade for Ramsey, we will have spent a ton of $$$s and more than an entire draft on CBs in 3 years. Insane.

If we trade good picks for Ramsey, WTF would you keep Burns? If you had that much invested in CBs, your coverage sacks should be obscene. We should be able to do the Pats invest in secondary as any edge rusher works.

That’s not even adding in the QB dumbassery among other things (Thomas, oline, Anderson etc). This franchise is just completely out of touch. Hope they real it in.

And people get their panties in a wad for trading a couple firsts to move up for a franchise qb talent lol I don’t get it. The above are the moves killing us, they don’t even have a risk/reward like a draft trade. They’re just dumb.

Irony is had we done that properly we’d have Herbert right now and wouldn’t give two shits about those picks.

Edited by onmyown

41 minutes ago, onmyown said:

That’s not even adding in the QB dumbassery among other things (Thomas, oline, Anderson etc). This franchise is just completely out of touch. Hope they real it in.

And people get their panties in a wad for trading a couple firsts to move up for a franchise qb talent lol I don’t get it. The above are the moves killing us, they don’t even have a risk/reward like a draft trade. They’re just dumb.

Irony is had we done that properly we’d have Herbert right now and wouldn’t give two shits about those picks.

Not a couple of first, but 3 first a 2nd and a 3rd.

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

I hope this new staff fixes everything.

• Pie 1