• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You ready for a laugh?

Proudiddy

Yep, as others have alluded to, as long as GMs keep giving out more and more money (in all 5 major sports), the more and more players are going to ask for. Hell, we're already paying college kids for the use of their image and may even treat them as employees soon. It's just going to get more and more insane. You need to put a lid on it eventually. We WILL have a billion dollar salary in our lifetime.

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

The dude had some duds with us last year (Bucs game), but he also had some really great games. If you show up great on tape.. franchises see opportunity. I mean look at what CJ did with our last coaching staff... now put a competent staff in place for him and we could be eating our words.

I totally understand the humor around this thread, but at the same time... it can be just as quickly seen as a short sighted view.

His development crew has been the elite Urban Meyer, the OOU god himself Matt Rhule, and then the interim Steve Wilks. That's not exactly a who's who. I'm not saying he'll get any better or not, but that is a serious shortfall in NFL coaching right there.  

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

For me, the penalty issues early in the season…didn’t worry me because that’s coachable. He would have stellar coverage and just panic and tackle the dude. 

…what bummed me out was giving up on plays against Tampa, in a must win game. 

Not sure how coachable that is. 

I just haven’t been able to stick my neck out defending him after that. Elite athlete or not. 

I've seen Henderson with great coverage and I've seen him get torched.

I was hoping he would pan out, but he isn't consistent enough to be a #2CB and I don't want to pay #2CB money for him.

I almost like him better as a safety, but I am not sure how quickly he could pick up the nuances to be a good one.

6 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

CJ hasn't given me much hope in the short time he's been with us, but let's remember his welcome to the NFL has been Urban Meyer and Matt Rhule....he's got a year to earn another contract, with us or someone else.

What I saw on the field was all on him regardless of who his coach was. Seemingly giving up on plays when he got beat.