• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 things to keep in mind

ladypanther

9 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

1)...Long time until the draft. (April 27)  The QB predictions last year did not pan out on draft day.  This staff just getting together and starting their in depth evaluations.

2) The Panther ship was locked up pretty tight for leaks during the coach hiring process.  Expect the same now. Rumors or articles on who the team likes are just clickbait.  We know nothing.  Too early in the process for the brain trust to have their evals complete and you can bet the FO and coaches are not going to let other teams know who they like or what they are doing.  I know we have gotten  used to checkers but this is high level chess now.

wrong 

• Flames 8

Why do people keep talking about last years mock drafts? It makes no sense. The 2 QB classes couldn’t be more apples and oranges. Also, where is this consensus of mocks from last year with all these t10 QBs? I remember it completely differently. What I remember is most people had at most 2 first rd grades on QBs, and many had no first rd grades. There were many who mocked QBs in the first rd just because of the belief that teams would draft a player just because they were one of the top couple QBs in an extremely weak class.

This years class of QBs is completely different, so why do we keep getting comparisons to the worst QB class in modern memory? It comes off as pretty intellectually dishonest.

Here’s the first result when I google searched “2022 nfl mock draft”. It’s Daniel Jeremiah and he has Pickett at 20 and Willis at 32 That’s it.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-4-0-steelers-lions-select-qbs-cowboys-pick-w

The top QBs aren’t falling to 9. Last year is completely irrelevant because those QBs couldn’t hold this classes water as prospects. Get over it already.

4 hours ago, ladypanther said:

1)...Long time until the draft. (April 27)  The QB predictions last year did not pan out on draft day.  This staff just getting together and starting their in depth evaluations.

2) The Panther ship was locked up pretty tight for leaks during the coach hiring process.  Expect the same now. Rumors or articles on who the team likes are just clickbait.  We know nothing.  Too early in the process for the brain trust to have their evals complete and you can bet the FO and coaches are not going to let other teams know who they like or what they are doing.  I know we have gotten  used to checkers but this is high level chess now.

Great takes. I will say the draft class this year is far better than last years, with at least 3-4 first round QB’s last year only had 1 by comparison.

with that said the only QB with a true #1 grade from me is Stroud. Everyone else has one or more issues. 

1 hour ago, Cavscout said:

It's all smoke screens from this point on as teams try to out smart each other. No teams are gonna show their hand, as they shouldn't, even to their own fans

And they are gonna be sending smoke through the media to bored beat writers to get other teams to muddy the water.