• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints Sign Derek Carr to 4 year deal.

TheWiz

The Panthers just put the Saints in a very tight spot by them thinking we were in on a Carr deal .  They will not be taking a QB in the draft which helps us and the are so far above the cap they can't go after a free agent and probably can't afford their own players 

40 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Yeah he is but now that cap manipulation is with 35 year old players contracts not 26 to 30 year old players contracts.. They are extending contracts of players close to retirement age.. They can’t make big moves in Fa and will have to cut players just to sign their draft class.. This will be epic when it fails..

This. Manipulating the cap always worked when they were doing it for their stars like Brees because he was elite. Paying Carr elite money is like Hurney restructuring Short and Olsen after injuries where we got very little return for a lot of cap space or giving Teddy and Sam almost $60M combined for just over two seasons.

Time to sign Darnold and do this

veogk2Ap_x96.jpg

Indy & Carolina both need to identify the QB prospect they want & do what it takes to move up & get him. I don’t think patience is your friend right now with so many QB needy teams out there. Bears can issue a buy now price for that pick & I believe one of these 2 will pay it.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've all been saying that the NFC South team that lands a legit QB is poised to own the division for the foreseeable future. Well, the Saints just did that.

Folks, we just got a guarantee that we're gonna do something very bold (and hopefully not very stupid) in the draft.

We better make the right call, otherwise we’ll have an expensive Burns with a shitty offense for 3 more years while our division is ripe for a great team. If we give up a ton of draft capital for the wrong guy, especially after not trading Burns, it’s going to suck.

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

We better make the right call, otherwise we’ll have an expensive Burns with a shitty offense for 3 more years while our division is ripe for a great team. If we give up a ton of draft capital for the wrong guy, especially after not trading Burns, it’s going to suck.

I fully expect a decision to be made this off-season that will determine whether there's a new era of Panthers success on the horizon or the period of flailing will be extended a few more years.

We shall see. I sure hope we get it right because I for one am really tired and frustrated with the flailing.

• Beer 1