• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If... AR drops to 9, do you take him then?

musicman

Let's say the price is too high to move up to 1 or 3. "Look at what SF gave up to get Lance and he's done nothing in 2 years". It's a risk. If the Bears don't get a huge haul they can just take a great player - not a QB. Maybe we get in at 5 or 6 and take Levis as CJ Stroud and Young will be gone in the top 4.

But if you stay put and AR is at 9, do you take him and build around him, like a TE and WR in the 2nd through 4th? Is 9 to high for AR. He is a project and I can't see teams moving up to get him that high. If you look at Fields who dropped to 11 and he had more production on tape. Even if you resign Sam for a year, give Corral a shot to develop and AR some time, you can still have a playoff team with a good draft and a couple of good FA pick ups and then go for it all by 2024. 

I trust in Fitterer and the FO to do what is best so I'm just thinking out loud. 

Yeah I wouldn’t leave the draft without a first round caliber QB personally and I personally think ARich pretty developed in most of the things you can’t teach like pocket presence, athleticism, arm talent and I think his flaws are pretty correctable with good coaching.

I’d prefer to go up and get Young or Stroud and I think we do but I’m open to any of the top 4 really.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I wouldn't, but I'll be good if he's the pick. I'm going to trust management unless things start going sideways. We have some smart, thoughtful and experienced football people in the house. I'd be surprised though.

It's still hard for me to believe that 3 qb's go before 9. I'm not buying the hype around these guys and neither are most GMs and coaches.  I think the Raiders sign Jimmy G before the draft. Seattle and Carroll sticks with Geno because Pete does not want to develop a rookie at this stage in his career. I don't care what Pete  says it's just smoke trying to get someone to trade up with them for more picks.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1

if he is available and 9 and we are still there then yes, we take him. absolutely.

but...

1) he won't be there still

2) we won't still be at 9. if we're serious about getting a QB then we will be trading up. there won't be one at 9.

and settling for any of the QBs past the top 4 is not a sign of a team serious about upgrading at QB. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Richardson’s floor is Seattle

Next question

Personally I think his floor is us at 9, Seattle just resigned Geno so the urgency to take a QB might not be there. But if Richardson dropped to 9 there’s no damn way he’s getting past us.

38 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I trade back and take Robinson or some other skill guy and use my 2nd on Hooker with a bridge QB.

Levis, Young, or Stroud by some miracle at 9 I would take them. 

Why would we take Hooker in the 2nd when we have Corral? If you don't take a QB in the 1st, you roll with Corral and re-sign Darnold. Why? If you draft a QB in the 2nd or later, they are probably going to be QB2, yet many would want a veteran to start. So then you end up with Veteran, Corral, Hooker.

You're wasting a pick when there is a ton of talent in the first three rounds of this draft.

1. Torrance

2. Darnell Washington

3. Zach Charbonnet

4. Mimms 

5. Re-sign Darnold and see if Caldwell can help develop Corral and Darnold enough to maybe have some trade bait in 2024 which you can then use to trade up to 1 or 2 to get Drake Maye or Caleb Williams.

Doing this you've developed the talent base of your roster enough to have the ability to trade future 1sts away to nab one of those two QB's who will be generational talents like Trevor Lawrence and Andrew Luck.

• Pie 1