• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are now the betting favorite for the #1 pick

Martin

3 hours ago, Martin said:

image.thumb.png.e0b47c40194e7d114fa74bd6fbec4e9e.png

Btw, I was trying to add this to an existing thread, but the new fxxking ads blocks the screen so I couldn’t do it on my phone.

Do not like. 3 is my comfort spot for trade up. I’d prefer to stay put now and jump on game day if the situation presents itself. 

1 minute ago, frankw said:

They did? Last I heard they got blown out in the conference championship.

You sir are correct. Got caught up in my Super Bowl rant.

Forgot they didn't even make it to the Super Bowl, because that QB they gave up so much to get... was injured. They're still a strong team though and could have gone if Brock didn't get hurt. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

You are assuming people won’t be back here next year saying that no QB in 2024 is worth our first round pick. 
You are also assuming we will have a QB better than this year fall to us next year. 
Pretty obvious that, unless the team falls off a cliff, we probably won’t be drafting high enough to get a top QB in the first round. 
Unless every QB coming out in the 2024 supposedly stacked class is good, they won’t be, then we will be right back where we started every off-season. Arguing the same darn thing. 
We have no idea if any of the QBs next year will be good and if they are we will probably still have to pay to move up and it will be expensive. 
Panthers won too many games this year and really put themselves in between a rock and a hard place. 
I don’t envy the FO of the decisions they will have to make. 

I was responding to someone who said it doesn’t matter if we choose wrong, it’s just a few picks.

No, choosing wrong (in a trade up scenario) pretty much means a top 5 pick next year + no picks to fix the problem.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Or they pick 3 other positions of need and become a better TEAM this year. Then another good player next year.

But... they also pick a QB they didn't have to mortgage the rest of the TEAM for. Because they're such great coaches, they don't need the #1 pick to get a good QB that'll work for a really good team - see San Francisco. 

LMMMMAOOO...everybody isnt San Francisco nor have they set some kinda new standard. 

24 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I was responding to someone who said it doesn’t matter if we choose wrong, it’s just a few picks.

No, choosing wrong (in a trade up scenario) pretty much means a top 5 pick next year + no picks to fix the problem.

And possibly waiting till next year using picks to more up to get a QB could possibly have the same result. Just a different year. 
There are what 5 or 6 supposed good QBs right now for 2024. That number will likely shrink to 2-4. Then we are left with project players. 
I get peoples logic not to move up but wait till next year, pretty much keeps coming up every off-season for the last 3 years, but eventually ya gotta take a chance and if not this year then next year. 
BUT I guarantee that there will be people who don’t want to move up or draft a QB were we are, I predict 15+, and just wait till 2025. 
Vicious cycle. 

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

The only people I know without debt are people who hit the lottery.

Various news outlets report that 70% of people who win a lottery or get a big windfall end up broke in a few years, quoting a study by National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE).Jan 2, 2023

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Good teams that were a QB away. That is not Carolina - yet.

I’ve always preferred the get a young QB then build around him plan. 
The build a team and then get a young QB doesn’t seem to work that often. Not every team can be lucky like the Chiefs and have a complete team ready to insert a new young QB. 
I think building this team around a QB with a rookie deal will work well for the Panthers. 
Keeping a team together before you draft a rookie QB is hard because players get tired of losing and then leave or want more money and the team we built for a rookie suddenly is gone. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Various news outlets report that 70% of people who win a lottery or get a big windfall end up broke in a few years, quoting a study by National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE).Jan 2, 2023

Broke but not in debt.

At least I hope not.

Fitterer stated that all options are on the table. However, it might be the year that the Panthers make a daring move up the pecking order from No. 9 overall if there is a consensus opinion within the building.

“You gotta be aggressive. If you have a guy you have conviction on, go get him. You don’t wanna be reckless. But you wanna look to see what’s been done in the past, and if you have to give up some assets to go get him. I hope we’re not picking in the top 10 again, so it’s gonna be a lot more if you’re in 22 or something else at that point. This might be a year to do some things like that.”