• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

Levis processes slow, holding the ball too long which causes him to take big hits. This is why he was playing through injuries all last year. I dislike him for the fact that all these excuses as to why he was bad are being made for him when I have seen analysts dog other prospects made chicken salad with their chicken shite. AR had the similar passing stats, way better running stats, is two years younger, and hasn't put it all together yet. Sam Howell didn't go on day one and he was a better prospect. 

Edited by NorthTryon
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1

We all know AR is super raw BUT he has made plays where you’re like ok this could be an unbelievable player. He’s shown enough flashes to get you excited about potential.

I haven’t really seen that from Levis. Just his self proclaimed “Cannon” comments and then not even standing out that much from the other QBs at the combine. So I’m again left with what do people like about him other than his size and strength? 

• Pie 2

Levis will be 24 when his first OTAs start. He is the same age as Justin Herbert and 2 years younger than Burrow, Allen, hell even Sam Darnold and other QBs getting ready for or entering their second contract in the NFL. 

Despite that age, he is not nearly polished enough as a prospect to make up for the 4 years you're losing. Look no further than his pro/cons, strength/weakness on every scouting report. Do any of them rave about the normal BS you see for 5 year QBs about him being "wise beyond his years" or his "football IQ" "maturity" or any of the other keywords? Nah - its all (and rightfully so) he physical tools. 

The biggest pros for Levis are that he has the prototypical size, has a good build, decent athleticism and an absolute cannon of an arm. Instantly have the strongest arm of any Non-Cam QB we've EVER had. 

My biggest issue is that he's never put it all together in an entire game against a team that isn't like a Youngstown state or comparable level. Hes never had a game where he has curb stomped a bottom feeder SEC team like Vandy, Missouri etc. 

When you watch his games, he can't throw to his left, he doesn't take care of the ball, has no internal clock whatsoever in terms of pressure, holds the ball too long and as the season went on obviously developed the yips (probably a combination of his oline and the toe injury he had) and he honestly gives me big time Sam Darnold vibes when I watch. 

For me he is firmly in my number 4 slot. If we are going to take a project based on physical attributes I would gladly take Richardson who is a better athlete and 3 years younger. Regardless if the staff and Fitt/Morgan like him I'll trust their collective judgement over my own, hope I'm wrong and cheer like hell for this guy.

Edited by SteveSmithTD89
  • Pie 7

2 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Does anyone also know why Levis transferred from Penn St to Kentucky? Was it that he couldn't beat out the previous QB1 or did he prefer to play in the SEC? 

I just feel that Penn St. would give you more exposure and props than UK would. 

Franklin is pretty loyal to QBs I don’t think he thought there was a path to beating Clifford out and was tired of being used as a Wildcat QB. I don’t really hold it against him personally, I know some do but I thought Levis generally looked good when he came in for Clifford.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Captroop said:

His combine performance reminded me of Zach Wilson.

I wouldn't move up a spot to get him. I'd be okay drafting him at 9. I'd be ecstatic trading back and getting him. And I think he will bust in the NFL.

Who was Zach Wilson before Zach Wilson?

I like him as a prospect just not enough to be comfortable trading up to the top 3 for him if that's what it takes. Honestly don't even love the value at 8, I think he should be more of a teens/early 20s guy. But that being said if we do get him I'll still be incredibly excited. Just not as much as if we got Stroud (ideally) or Young.

My biggest issue is how he handled the blitz in college. He was ranked 130 out of 140 quarterbacks in sack evasion against with pressure. If he struggles that bad avoiding the Blitz in college how bad will he be avoiding it when the defenses are considerably faster and you have even less time to think. There's a few tweets from the PFF guys about the sack avoidance stat if you want to look into it yourself, but the guys with terrible sack avoidance in college did not transition well into the NFL.

That's why I said I don't care how he throws at the combine when there's nobody coming at him, I need to see him when he has NFL defenses throwing schemes at him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Liked him more but cooled on him the more and more I watch

Big Body

Good Arm Strength

Played in a Pro Style offseason 

underrated athlete

not a good decision maker

not a great processor

more on processing, terrible on one side of the field vs the other

below avg anticipation throws