• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have the Panthers played this well?

Jaxel

To answer the question though, I love how we've played this. We have put ourselves in a position to get a franchise QB at the worst. The rest is just smoke and mirrors depending upon what/who we can live with. I mean, if you pick up a franchise QB AND a extra pick, how can you get mad about that?

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's what I think, although I would imagine that if we are sure that we can get something for nothing and still get our guy that we might do it. 

It would take at least 3 teams to want the same player, along with carolina would have to trust each team involved as well.

There is point where the offer trumps your board too....

I go back the bears trading form 3rd to 2nd. 49ers got them to believe another team had a real fair offer to trade up for Mitch trubisky. 49ers had zero interest in a QB by many reports and bears figured Mitch was their "guy". So they sent 3rds and 5ths in order to draft Mitchy....

Between raiders, colts, zona, texans, and even with pass ties to seahawks. Each of those teams is have plenty to turn this draft into one giant mind fug. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

It would take at least 3 teams to want the same player, along with carolina would have to trust each team involved as well.

There is point where the offer trumps your board too....

I go back the bears trading form 3rd to 2nd. 49ers got them to believe another team had a real fair offer to trade up for Mitch trubisky. 49ers had zero interest in a QB by many reports and bears figured Mitch was their "guy". So they sent 3rds and 5ths in order to draft Mitchy....

Between raiders, colts, zona, texans, and even with pass ties to seahawks. Each of those teams is have plenty to turn this draft into one giant mind fug. 

Don't know if it happens, but if it does I could see it happening on Draft Day rather than before.

If Stroud is the next Herbert no one will think we lost this trade in a year.  Let’s just hope he is.  That’s who I want. If it’s Young I hope he can be like Murray without the maturity issues. Hoping for the best and supporting either of those two at this point.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we land Downs in the second to pair with stroud that we won the draft with 2 picks.  Everything else is gravy. 

Love Downs but I honestly think I'd rather have one of the top TE prospects at #39. I'm just concerned about his durability at the NFL level. He did t miss many games at UNC but it seemed like he was always dealing with some type of lingering limiting injury.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I'd be upset if they traded down beyond 2. I don't think the Texans feel the need to trade up and would be happy with either QB.

Only other team that makes sense is the Colts. Even if they offer a first rounder it's not worth it imo. You go from picking the #1 QB to potentially the #4 QB and you look like an absolute dumb fug if any of those QBs picked ahead of you ball and yours fails.

Has any team in NFL history traded up to #1 just to trade out of it? If it has happened it wasn't recently. 

• Beer 2

I think it’s all just smoke and mirrors in the offchance we can hustle the Texans into thinking that not only are we good with either of the top two guys but also might take the guy they want. Don’t see it happening but crazier poo has happened. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze