• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legal Tampering Period Opens Today

Smithers

6 minutes ago, CarolinaNut said:

I've never understood this legal tampering period why not just start free agency today if players and teams can work verbal deals.  Hopefully we can get a WR.

Basically just making what has always happened legal. Used to be most of the big name FAs would ink deals mere minutes into FA. Everyone knew that you weren't hammering out multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts in mere minutes. So now it looks better on the surface. It's all window dressing. There are already FAs who know where they're going and what they're getting.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Basically just making what has always happened legal. Used to be most of the big name FAs would ink deals mere minutes into FA. Everyone knew that you weren't hammering out multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts in mere minutes. So now it looks better on the surface. It's all window dressing. There are already FAs who know where they're going and what they're getting.

And if I'm not mistaken teams can only speak with agents and not the players directly. 

Happy F5 day Panther fans!! 

First and foremost, I am hoping to see Bradley Bozeman resigned before Noon. I would also like to see a WR brought in early. Someone along the lines of Darius Slayton or DJ Chark. Depth at RB and TE can be had late in the draft.

There will likely be a lot of defensive players brought in to help adjust to the new scheme. I would expect FAs from Indy and Denver to be top targets as the coaching staff is highly familiar with these players. Players like DE Yannick Ngakoue, LB Bobby Okereke, and CB Ronald Darby.

While the Panthers are mid-tier in terms of current cap space, look for these FAs to have back-loaded contracts as we have God-Tier Cap Space available next year. I fully expect us to be busier today than most people think. 

• Pie 2