• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Stroud and it shouldn't even be close

NAS

32 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

For what it’s worth, Stroud has the highest ceiling of any QB in the 2023 NFL Draft. His arm talent is A1, his mobility is above-average and Stroud has shown up in big games against great teams.

Strongly disagree. Richardson's a far better athlete and has a stronger arm. If he can develop passing ability even close to CJ he's going to be a force to reckon with in the NFL. 

Stroud's got the highest floor. Not a freak specimen like AR or elite IQ like Young but he's very solid with no real red flags. 

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Always pick an SEC QB, they face NFL defenses just about every week in there college career 

Tell me, what Ohio State QB has had success in the NFL ?, I'll wait 

this is 100% irrelevant, but hey if you want to go there…total team defense rankings as per the NCAA:

Iowa - 2

Illinois - 3

Michigan - 6

Minnesota - 9

Georgia - 10

Wisconsin - 11

Alabama - 13

• Pie 4

17 hours ago, ECHornet said:

You mentioned Wilson, Brees, and Murray all being much bulkier. At their respective combines….

Brees weighed 9lbs more

Murray weighed 3lbs more

Wilson weighed the same as Young. 

Weight and build are two different things. Though. Young played well below what he weighed at the combine. Young clearly added some weight for the combine but clearly a difference in the numbers when you look at the two

393808E0-B708-4E05-B24B-2C1589B5EF7B.jpeg

1C6AFE21-D304-4B92-A0FE-FB0623CA51E2.jpeg

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Always pick an SEC QB, they face NFL defenses just about every week in there college career 

Couch and Russell were great SEC QBs. Tell me the best LSU QB before Burrow? I’ll wait… You can play the same game with Oregon too Harrington bust, Mariotta bust, Herbert still got drafted and looks pretty good.

So here is my question to you. Can you name the first round OSU QBs that have been drafted?  Fields is a question mark still and Haskins had some issues. So that’s 2 with 1 being a maybe. (Spoiler, it’s only 4 with the other two being 4 plus decades ago).

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Weight and build are two different things. Though. Young played well below what he weighed at the combine. Young clearly added some weight for the combine but clearly a difference in the numbers when you look at the two

393808E0-B708-4E05-B24B-2C1589B5EF7B.jpeg

1C6AFE21-D304-4B92-A0FE-FB0623CA51E2.jpeg

Russell was definitely carrying more muscle mass at his pro day. So Bryce was less physically developed, but at the same weight. That suggests he has more potential to add muscle mass than Wilson. I believe the same in comparison to Murray. 

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

For what it’s worth, Stroud has the highest ceiling of any QB in the 2023 NFL Draft. His arm talent is A1, his mobility is above-average and Stroud has shown up in big games against great teams.

That's not what anyone on nfl network is say. Everyone's saying Richardson has the highest ceiling of any qb in this class. 

2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

this is 100% irrelevant, but hey if you want to go there…total team defense rankings as per the NCAA:

Iowa - 2

Illinois - 3

Michigan - 6

Minnesota - 9

Georgia - 10

Wisconsin - 11

Alabama - 13

Perhaps Big 10 defenses are ranked so high because most of the league has poor offenses (I'm looking at you Iowa and NW). SEC had 8 teams averaging over 30 points per game the Big Ten had only 3.

1 hour ago, John Lee Pettimore said:

Perhaps Big 10 defenses are ranked so high because most of the league has poor offenses (I'm looking at you Iowa and NW). SEC had 8 teams averaging over 30 points per game the Big Ten had only 3.

The big ten is hot garbage. Again no ohio state qb has ever done poo in the nfl. Neither did bama for years until the last few.

5 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

If you want to go by this logic, the actual sentence would be:

Always pick an NCSU QB, it doesn't make any sense, but it's the right thing to do.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Didn't even make it to draft night.

As we get closer...  and the Panther front office doesn't leak who we're taking..  there will be more " I KNOW BEST " post.   

I'm going with who this coaching staff recommends to Fitterer and Tepper. 
Somebody posted a ,, I won't call it a highlight video, but a video of Richardson at Fla.  After watching it, I thought to myself,  he didn't look good at all.  Lots of poor decisions, bad passes, as well as good ones. It was like watching Brian Baldinger  breaking down the film . 
So if our coaching staff pick Richardson, I'll trust they can fix his bad.

The first 4 min are praise of Richardson..  At the 4 min mark you'll see the bad.