• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Stroud and it shouldn't even be close

NAS

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Richardson is the tallest, heaviest, fastest QB with the best arm (in terms of how strength, if not accuracy) of the leading QB group. 

But not draft eligible guys.

This guy has him by and inch or so and has a better completion percentage that Stroud.

jpeg

Size matters and if Reich and Co are really confident in their abilities and want to earn those checks, then they should take a true chance.devil playing GIF

52 minutes ago, frankw said:

Stroud has the accuracy edge I think that should be a foregone conclusion at this point.

Completion percentage does not equal accuracy. It just means his receivers caught more balls, and Harrison Jr was basically a cheat code. Unless the two agree to a public competition, who's the more accurate will be up for debate for quite a while.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Look at his hips, knees, and ankles....he will not be able to play at 200....well, he may be able to go on the field, but it's gonna look BAD.

No, it wouldn’t. Young played 3 months ago. I promise you he hasn’t done enough mass wise to significantly decrease his abilities as a QB.

2 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

Stroud does most everything right. The only knock was he wasn't vocal enough. His teammates put that to rest. 

I disagree. The knock on stroud is he doesn’t handle pressure well. He is good when everything is on schedule/perfect.

numbers show he was the worst against the blitz. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Completion percentage does not equal accuracy. It just means his receivers caught more balls, and Harrison Jr was basically a cheat code. Unless the two agree to a public competition, who's the more accurate will be up for debate for quite a while.

You need to watch more tape, Stroud threw into tight windows all the time.  He also showed off his accuracy at the combine.  Where was Young?

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Where was Young?

Sitting on the sidelines and it doesn't matter since he'll do drills at his pro day. If the NFL hadn't started televising the combine and making money off it, it probably would have been shelved years ago when a lot of top prospects stopped taking part.

19 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

You need to watch more tape, Stroud threw into tight windows all the time

No, I don't. I've seen both make and miss throws in tight windows and to open receivers.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

This makes no sense, how can you fault someone for having talent around him?  The idea that Young can come in here and play at an elite level without top teir talent around him is ridiculous.  This is the NFL not college, the defenses are faster, larger and the windows are tighter.  You need a QB who can stand in the pocket, use the whole field, and strike with pin point accuracy.  That is Stroud.  To be successful, Young will have to get out of the pocket and wait for plays to break down.

So since the things around you don’t matter apparently… how’s Fields looked now compared to how he looked in college? We have that Bears level of WR now, maybe worse. But the thing that made Fields serviceable was his legs- which Stroud does not have (don’t feed me this crap about potential speeds, watch them ACTUALLY run and tell me Stroud is naturally capable). 

Im not allowed to PROCEED WITH CAUTION regarding Stroud because he’s been spoon fed in an elite system, with elite talent around him, facing a weaker than SEC conference for two years without hearing something ridiculous garbage from Pro Stroud folk that don’t like when you point out things should be pointed out. “You can’t fault him for the WR he played with” why can’t I? What does Stroud do when our trash can WR can’t separate? How does he adjust? WE DONT KNOW! That’s why I’m cautious on him!

There seem to be confusion between playing weight and bulking up for the combine. Brees and other had a playing weight if +205 lbs. Young had a playing weight of ~180 lbs. if he could easily put in weight, and it wouldn’t impact his play, he would have done so already. He has a very narrow frame and will struggle to gain, and maintain, any substantial weight.

• Pie 1

A lot of this Stroud praise and obsession reminds me of the Corral hype from last year. I didn't see the hype and wanted Corral to play last year because he would either prove to be worth developing or would have tanked the season leading to the #1 pick. It was a win-win. That said, we've seen how that turned out.

Edited by jayboogieman

49 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

Lawrence Taylor played at 245 and ran 4.6…and broke people’s legs.

And he was a literal freak one of a kind hall of famer. Those specs alone now are a dime a dozen. The average size in the NFL in Flutie's time was considerably smaller compared to now. Using him as an example of a tiny QB holding up now isn't very convincing.