• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Dalton is a Panther

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Hes not here to start.  He's here to help show the rookie starter a professional routine, diet, regimen, etc. They are trying like crazy to trade Corral.  We literally had to have another qb on the roster and you really like to have a vet qb in the qb room to pair up with a rookie.  Dalton wasnt signed for anything on the field really barring disaster.

This is why successful teams draft their rook when their vet is waining. Bringing in a vet doesn’t always work out. I hate to say it but we should have drafted a QB back in 2016-2017.

• Pie 3

42 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You guys are so damn dramatic.

Dude is being signed to be a vet backup for the rookie. This is good news. He's incredibly smart and understands the game well. He'll be our Rookie's Derek Anderson. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with this. 

Not dramatic, just can't think past the present day. Dalton is a great pick up. Smart, great work ethic, excellent team guy. He is perfect to help teach our Rookie the right way. And he is cheap. Great signing

Edited by bobcat91
  • Pie 5

4 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Hes not here to start.  He's here to help show the rookie starter a professional routine, diet, regimen, etc. They are trying like crazy to trade Corral.  We literally had to have another qb on the roster and you really like to have a vet qb in the qb room to pair up with a rookie.  Dalton wasnt signed for anything on the field really barring disaster.

I don’t need a mentor / extra coach to have that cap hit. We have a bunch of former QBs on the coaching staff for that role. We could have gone cheaper. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Since shaking off the fact that was not Dalton Schultz-this pick has warmed on me--in fact, based on the stats, if we signed him last year, he would have been our best QB.

It's pretty likely he would have been our best QB in most of the last three of the last four years, to be honest. Bridgewater was statistically better in 2020. 

Granted, that is a pretty low bar, but it does lend a certain perspective to our past futility under center.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, coffee said:

It is amazing how quickly things change.

4 days ago, we had Eason, a still injured Corral, and the worry that no decent QB would be there at our pick.

I admit it was a pleasant surprise when I saw the Panthers had obtained Andy Dalton and at such a team friendly price.

• Pie 3