• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers QB: “No doubt in my mind” they pick Bryce Young

Cary Kollins

50 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

What serious reason would there be for picking Young instead of Stroud? 

If it's even remotely close in comparison you take the bigger more prototypical QB. 

Is there anything Young does that is far and away much better than what Stroud can do????

Yes, everything about playing QB except size and maybe accuracy (which I think is close).  

41 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

It's possible that Young can have a Steph Curry-like effect on the NFL

I'm fine with either Stroud or Young

Well, Steph is a lanky 6'3".  Besides, this is a collision sport.  Not only that, but I believe Young's size will limit how far he is able to go in this league.  I might be the only one in this camp, but I think NFL defenses are going to have a ball in batting down his passes.

Edited by Matthias
  • Beer 1

At this point, essentially Young and Stroud is 1a and 1b. It all depends on the flavor you like. To me, Stroud is your more traditional drop back QB, take what the defense gives you, and be accurate. Young is more of a playmaker when things don't go well, I feel like he has more potential to make big plays. Stroud can sustain a 12 play drive, where as Young can give you a 50+yd chunk play any time. I prefer Young but wouldn't be mad at Stroud. 

Haha, Young isn't just a short QB.  Him being at 6'0"-6'1" would be considered short.  This guy is toddler sized.  If we are picking, and Stroud and Young are on the board, I would be disappointed if we didn't pick Stroud.  Now if we trade down to Houston and they select Stroud, I would be okay with Young being the pick. (Assuming we get Houston's extra 1st in the trade down)

Edited by Matthias

Not gonna lie the more pictures of Bryce I see online the colder im getting on him being my #2 guy.

Im confident that we are looking at 2 QB's Stroud/AR.

Bryce is the best QB but his size is a major factor. Someone mentioned Tua and I gets those same vibes. This dude is smaller than me and if you ever seen a NFL dlineman in person those dudes are freaking huge. If someone gets a good hit on him his body won't be able to take that kind of pounding consistently. I don't think that's a gamble we can make.

• Beer 1