• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you trade for Tee Higgins?

CamWhoaaCam

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Tell me how they can afford Burrow/Chase/Higgins?

Why not get another quality starter on defense and add another extra defensive player with that #39 pick.

Tyler Boyd is also a good WR in his own right. They will be fine at WR.

He's less than 4 million for them this year 

I'd consider 39 but I would wait till draft day and see how the draft unfolds. If there's a run on WR prospects in the 1st round, offer 39 and see if Cincy bites. Obviously Higgins is extremely likely better than anyone available at 39, but the amount we'll have to ultimately pay him per year will be more than double the entire 4 year contract value for the 39th pick. But if there's no WR worthy of the 39th pick, its a reasonable price to pay. I don't like the idea of trading Chinn because I think he's poised for a big year in his more natural role and we don't have anyone lined up to replace him, creating another hole to fill.

Also, there's precedent for trading for a WR on draft day; take just last year with AJ Brown going to Philly.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Chinn is about to ball out in this 3-4 defense. He is untouchable. 

Trading Chinn while his value is at a relative lowpoint in large part thanks to us flagrantly misusing him all of last season would be a vintage Panthers decision that's for sure. I'm so excited to see him in this defense and I really don't understand what all the concerns are. Not every player has to be on the field at once, you can play him at interior linebacker and strong/box safety situationally. Worrying so much about listing position with a player who's as freakishly talented as Chinn is just seems regressive to me. 

Would be nice to see the team pursue a more traditional run stopping ILB in f/a or the draft to sub in on run downs but other than that I think our new defense will fit Chinn like a glove and I bet Evero will utilize him much better than Snow did.

Edited by beo

11 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

id rather give up 39 for Cortland Sutton than Chinn and 39 for Tee.

I’d rather keep 39 & draft Cedric Tillman in the 3rd who’s nearly identical to Courtland Sutton. Also would love AT Perry in the 3rd as a knockoff Higgins. Either one could become a solid WR2 or better and for late Day 2 of the draft value. 

I think the trade candidate that is being completely ignored is Brandon Aiyuk.

He's improved every season, is 24, and sounds like he's mad they're not working on an extension with him. (CMC, Deebo, & Kittle will be costly moving forward).  I also think he fits super well in a Reich scheme. 

Apparently the Giants have called SF about him already.  We've done work with SF before, so why not make another move w/them?  He's far and away one guy that I can see being realistically available in a trade.  Also, the 49ers covet DL and could see YGM as a chip. 

If we're talking trades, he's my target if I'm Fitt.

Aiyuk, Downs, TMJ, Shenault, & Shi would be a-ok for a rookie.  Throw in a FA to compete. 

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 1