• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich/Fitterer noon press conference

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Panthering said:

No clue how anyone can listen to that and declare it sounds like he’s speaking about x player. Just GM speak.

As another Huddler pointed to, today ppl who want Bryce, listened to Scott and came out knowing Scott described Bryce.

ppl who want CJ listened and came out thinking Scott could be describing both or in your case ANY QB on earth...

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He would just say Young if he wanted to be so bold right? We hold the top pick and if he is convinced Young checks all the boxes then just say it. He described a prototypical QB. If they are making you think it’s a QB without saying it, then what’s the point of that? 

Come to whatever conclusions you want, I’m just pointing out that it’s silly to act like there wasn’t a logical fit to the traits he described.

4 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

If you feel it is that ambiguous between Young and Stroud then I don’t think you have really looked at their strengths as prospects and to what degree they were asked to do certain things within their respective offenses. I’m not making a statement about which way they’re leaning, and sure Stroud is accurate and does a lot of things well. However, there is little doubt that today Scott Fitterer best described Bryce Young’s strengths. The processing, accuracy, getting in and out of plays, managing the game at the line of scrimmage, doing all the little things right during the week. It reads like a bullet point list of all the Bryce Young talking points. The only one he was missing was the “creativity” and some sort of Mahomes comparison.

Those are all strengths of Stroud as well....

Pretty much the only thing that separates Young from Stroud are specifically the things he didn't mention - improvisation and, to a leaser degree, escapability.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sounds like Horn is primarily gonna be a nickel? Okay...

I think that was a reveal.  It is because Jackson and Henderson cannot play it? I think they plan on playing Chinn / Big nickel a lot, and they plan to draft a CB to play nickel.  I would not be surprised to see a CB taken at 39--or an edge rusher--

He also mentioned (correct me if I am wrong) that he was going to play Luvu at OLB and ILB?  That suggests (to me) that they need an edge rusher--or they will draft an ILB and leave Luvu outside.  Having trouble processing what this is going to look like--maybe because 2 pieces or so are missing

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

They know exactly what to say and if they are saying certain things it's for a reason. This is all gamesmanship. We aren't going to know who the true pick is from a press conference. We can argue over which QB is preferable but there's no point going at each other over these comments. Anyone that has followed the draft before should be familiar with it by now.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So all fans needed to hear was that they didn't have a problem with a small QB and that signaled who we are picking?? Lol....this is gonna be a long next couple weeks. 

Yeappp. I mean, they're not going to play into others' hands and say they're not for shorties.  It's an obvious answer to say we're open & it's about identifying the best player.  Just keeps teams guessing.  Doesn't mean we're going Bryce.  

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Come to whatever conclusions you want, I’m just pointing out that it’s silly to act like there wasn’t a logical fit to the traits he described.

Keep reading into GM press conferences in March. It’s fun to speculate. They could be lying, telling the truth, or just speaking a lot of nothing. It tends to be the last more than not IMO. I’m not saying it’s not Young and I’m happy if it is, but which of those things doesn’t describe Stroud?

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

They know exactly what to say and if they are saying certain things it's for a reason. This is all gamesmanship. We aren't going to know who the true pick is from a press conference. We can argue over which QB is preferable but there's no point going at each other over these comments. Anyone that has followed the draft before should be familiar with it by now.

Yeah this is their job and they get paid millions to do it. They are going to give us fans “hints” at something they don’t want everyone to know for a reason…

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

i don't think they are forcing themselves to do anything. i think they had a clear idea of what they wanted early on and just as a natural progression started paring down on those traits and honing in on what they want and it's coming down to basically these two guys.

we really shouldn't be surprised if they make up their mine soon, assuming they don't already know (in their collective gut) who it is already.

Man the lack of edit abilities got me. Meant to say certainly not forcing themselves!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthering said:

No clue how anyone can listen to that and declare it sounds like he’s speaking about x player. Just GM speak.

Processing, leadership, and making calls at the line are all things that Young specifically has been praised to death on and more than everyone else. 

Y’all are going crazy. Maybe it is smoke but they’re definitely hinting at Bryce.

• Pie 1