• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Simms top QB prospects

NAS

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Some of those watching the combine said it was the best ball placement they had ever seen in the passing drills (CJ). Others watching his tape say that he is the best pure passer in the last several years. Sounds pretty special to me. I have also read that no QB the size of Young has ever started in the NFL in the modern era. His frame is a concern. 

Look, Young was obviously special in college. None of us know how that will translate. There are concerns by some that he may not have the arm strength to get the ball where it needs to go when he is thrown off his rhythm in a crowded pocket. I have heard that by a few. We will see. I would be excited if we draft him, but concerned about the ability to keep him on the field. 

I'm not interested at all in QB workouts at the combine or pro day. You have heard the same from Scott Fitt today basically. 

they are throwing against air to wide open players. Though CJ was impressive there, It holds no water to me.

Best pure passer is something to build on, but nobody, I repeat nobody has ever said "generational" to describe CJ's game. Again, very good and I will support him and hope he can turn into a Burrow rather than Goff. But with pick 1, I'm taking generational processing traits.

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I'm not interested at all in QB workouts at the combine or pro day. You have heard the same from Scott Fitt today basically. 

they are throwing against air to wide open players. Though CJ was impressive there, It holds no water to me.

Best pure passer is something to build on, but nobody, I repeat nobody has ever said "generational" to describe CJ's game. Again, very good and I will support him and hope he can turn into a Burrow rather than Goff. But with pick 1, I'm taking generational processing traits.

The problem is there isn't a "generational" talent in this draft which is why the first pick was for sale.  Hopefully our staff can take one of these talented young QBs and develop them into a franchise QB.  If anyone can do it, it's our new staff.  

• Pie 5

I just feel like if anything its dead even to me with stroud being my favorite from a personal standpoint, both have bright futures in league BUT bryce has the more uncontrollable concerns. IF they come to fruition the panthers are screwed and wont recover for a while. Texans love bryce and wouldn't be that canned if he doesn't workout, they can recover faster than the panthers can.

Edited by CPF4LIFE

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Simms is just a hot take artist. He had Zach Wilson over Lawrence. Mac Jones and Kellen Mond of all people over Justin Fields

Was he wrong?

Mond hasn't been able to beat out Kirk Cousins, but that was expected. Jones has put up better passing stats than Fields so far.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jones is playing for the GOAT coach. And he's trash. Bailey Zappe looked better than he ever has.

Jones is trash for sure but I wouldn’t use GOAT coach as an argument. Mac did have some of the worst offensive coaching I’ve ever seen last season

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I don't think anyone doubts his playmaking abilities. It is just when he get destroyed by a DE coming in on the blind side and blows him up.  How many of those hits is he going to be able to withstand.

If It were my choice, I am going to go with the QB that has a better chance of hanging around for more than a couple of seasons. 

while i get that, its hard to predict injuries.  I say go get the BEST QB

Cam was big as fug and he didnt last much past 30

We got the OL i say let Young cook in that pocket

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ivory Panther said:

The best pure passer is something to build on, but nobody, I repeat nobody has ever said "generational" to describe CJ's game. Again, very good and I will support him and hope he can turn into a Burrow rather than Goff. But with pick 1, I'm taking generational processing traits.

I agree with you, Ivory. I think Bryce Young is a generational prospect at QB and I'm an LSU fan. I think it says something to be the consensus No.1 QB in high school, then validate that ranking by winning the Heisman. Alabama wasn't as strong at WR or OL this year compared to the recent history. 

His frame is a concern. Yet, if we judge by his history, he's missed one game as a starter in the conference that produces the most NFL-ready defensive linemen. 

I think CJ Stroud is a good player. I just think of "safe pick". He has the least concerns about the QB, yet I don't see him cracking the top 7 QB in the league.

I trust the coaching staff to use the next month to evaluate, interview, and whiteboard sessions to pick their guy. At the end of the day, it's their necks on the chopping block. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Was he wrong?

Mond hasn't been able to beat out Kirk Cousins, but that was expected. Jones has put up better passing stats than Fields so far.

Mond is already on his second team because he couldn’t beat out the Vikings Backup.  While Fields is a starting QB currently.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Mond is already on his second team because he couldn’t beat out the Vikings Backup.  While Fields is a starting QB currently.

Not only starting but they're fine with passing up Stroud and Young to build around him instead. It's nice seeing some teams trying to put their rookies in a position to succeed rather than  the Rhule approach. I think we're set up for whoever we get to have total fair shot at proving themselves franchise worthy, instead of hoping they can put the whole team on their back 

• Beer 1