• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young VS Stroud, the greatest Panthers debate ever?

GOAT

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im gonna laugh if it's neither of the 2 and we draft AR.

This place might meltdown.

Maybe.  I was thinking AR may have been the target early on because

1)We originally tried to trade to 3 but it wasn't much more to go to 1.  If you look at 3 you are considering the 3rd best QB.

2)We traded to the #1 spot right after Richardson's amazing show at the combine

3)Fitterer loved RAS scores.

Then I watched the tape.  Richardson absolutely did NOT have the coaching, line or weapons that Stroud or Young had and the pocket collapsed routinely so its truly hard to say, but it didn't look awesome.

Now I think we just shopped 3 to help justify the price of 1. The timing was driven by us losing the bidding war with the Saints over Carr and RAS scores has never driven Fit on a QB.  No I don't think Richardson is in the mix now that I've watched a few games of all three.

31 minutes ago, panfanman said:

Yep.  Frankly I'm tired of it and wish we had never traded for the #1 pick.  I'll be so glad when April 27th is behind us and we can just look forward to the season opener and using our new toy(s).

i don't know...i think it's kind of worth it to have the ability to make this choice. i'll gladly put up with being slightly annoyed for a couple months just so we can have a dominant QB for the next decade+.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I Believe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Prove Eric Andre GIF by Adult Swim

I'm willing to give them a chance to show me otherwise, but the Panthers will have to prove they're different this time instead of being just another version of what we've seen over the years. There has been too many bad decisions over the years regardless of staff and GM for me to blindly hope again.

respectable and understandable opinion.

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, rayzor said:

if any iteration of the panthers org/coaching staff should be trusted to make the decision, it's this one.

until i see otherwise...

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

in panthers history, sure. In general…eh not too sure. We still don’t know how much of the past was due to Fit vs Rhule. I think Fit had more say than people think. And he’s not had any or little experience targeting a franchise QB.

Similarly Reich convinced the Colts single handedly to trade a first round pick for…Wentz.

Then there’s Tepper and his wife…I mean. I hope no one trust his judgment at this point for obvious reasons.

These are the guys in charge. Now, our other coaches (not in charge so much) are promising, have better track records and experience, and I trust them a bit more. I really hope they have some say.

It’s almost as if it’s not so different from any other job, the higher ups aren’t really in touch for whatever reason but the people under them are the best at explaining/executing their actual jobs. 

1 hour ago, panfanman said:

Yep.  Frankly I'm tired of it and wish we had never traded for the #1 pick. 

Meh, of course fans are going to respond to having the #1 pick by rehashing the same tired arguments for their favorite selection in countless threads for months on end.  Yeah, that's a drag, but it is also temporary and will be soon forgotten.

Don't miss the forest for the trees. 

Managing the Digital Health Forest - Standards and Interoperability Lab -  Asia

TL/DR:  Celebrate that the Panthers have finally made a bold move to end the team's long relationship with mediocrity.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Meh, of course fans are going to respond to having the #1 pick by rehashing the same tired arguments for their favorite selection in countless threads for months on end.  Yeah, that's a drag, but it is also temporary and will be soon forgotten.

Don't miss the forest for the trees. 

Managing the Digital Health Forest - Standards and Interoperability Lab -  Asia

TL/DR:  Celebrate that the Panthers have finally made a bold move to end the team's long relationship with mediocrity.

We're going to get the quarterback that the Panthers want.

Whether or not it happens to be the quarterback that certain fans want is inconsequential.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

It actually makes me nervous because historically, whenever the Panthers have had a choice between two players they've tended to take the wrong one (Kerry Collins over Steve McNair, Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George, etc)

Of course, those were different Panthers organizations so I'm hoping this new version gets it right.

We picked DJ Moore over Calvin Ridley though

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

what's funny is the number of people who are pissed and offended and feel they need to retaliate if someone has the nerve to have a different opinion.

Agree and also that any of them really know lol.  Some people take themselves way to serious and greatly overestimate their football knowledge.  Guys that do this for a living miss on pics all the time, but some here think that they know for sure and anyone who does not agree with them does not know anything about football.  I'll pull for whoever we draft and hope they get the right person, but at the end of the day it would not surprise me if that player is not who they thought they would be or who they thought they could coach them up to be.  I am sure every organization would like the benefit of seeing the future so fans would not second guess their moves.  Hindsight is really easy as a fan.  Kind of like Monday morning QB.  

Edited by Barney
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

It actually makes me nervous because historically, whenever the Panthers have had a choice between two players they've tended to take the wrong one (Kerry Collins over Steve McNair, Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George, etc)

Of course, those were different Panthers organizations so I'm hoping this new version gets it right.

DJ Moore over Calvin Ridley?

CMC over Fournette?

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1