• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky..the guy we went after for QB coach. Showing why you take CJ Stroud #1

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Why because you don't like him?

If you have been paying attention he has been the projected #1 overall pick since last year. 

Im assuming you don't think he can be a franchise guy because of his size because there is nothing you can say about his ability to play QB.

His size absolutely limits his ability to play QB in the NFL.

Ignoring Young's lack of arm talent for a moment, Drew Brees has to crane his neck to see over the OLine and he was still throwing blind at times - he's two inches taller than Young.

It's simply not a pick I'd make if my job depended on it - not after trading away the world for it.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

His size absolutely limits his ability to play QB in the NFL.

Ignoring Young's lack of arm talent for a moment, Drew Brees has to crane his neck to see over the OLine and he was still throwing blind at times - he's two inches taller than Young.

It's simply not a pick I'd make if my job depended on it - not after trading away the world for it.

If you knew you were getting Drew Brees as a player, why wouldn't you try to go get him? Dude is a Super Bowl winner and had a hall of fame career. And Brees seems to be the most common comp for Young.

Edited by XClown1986

1 hour ago, XClown1986 said:

If you knew you were getting Drew Brees as a player, why wouldn't you try to go get him? Dude is a Super Bowl winner and had a hall of fame career. And Brees seems to be the most common comp for Young.

Brees is overrated AF and only made it to one conference championship in his final decade in the league. Thanks in large part to Cam Newton.

If we are selling ourselves on Young I'd rather focus on him being 1of1 based on his height/weight rather than continually trying to shoehorn comparisons to Brees and Wilson.

• Pie 1

I think we are at the verge of a draft that may have the bulk of the next generation of great QBs. There are five guys with tons of potential and serious first round possibilities. And maybe even  couple more good ones down in the 3rd and 4th rounds that could make some noise if they see the field.

I think that if a team misses out on getting a QB this year, they'll regret it down the road.

Not all of them can be winners, can they? Or maybe they can...

29 minutes ago, frankw said:

Brees is overrated AF and only made it to one conference championship in his final decade in the league. Thanks in large part to Cam Newton.

If we are selling ourselves on Young I'd rather focus on him being 1of1 based on his height/weight rather than continually trying to shoehorn comparisons to Brees and Wilson.

Lol. Ok, I now have all of the information I need.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, KSpan said:

spacer.png

spin zone: I think this is the greatest play of all time. Seriously it will never die or be forgotten, it gives this guy life and makes him constantly relevant. Probably did more for his career than any TD he threw. 

This doesn’t merit its own thread but I noticed this morning if you look at Young’s NFL draft prospect page on mobile, it says he was drafted by us. However it doesn’t show if you look at it from desktop. Obviously most likely means nothing but just thought it was interesting 

EDIT: correction, it shows on desktop as well

16FE1ED8-66C0-40CA-A974-20036632A11C.png

Edited by Coheed

3 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

It’s a lazy comp in my opinion. It’s made because he was a great QB who wasn’t tall. 

The guy I would actually comp to Brees…is Stroud, who has silly Brees like ball placement and touch. 

• Pie 1