• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are in the “everyone is lying” zone of pre-draft

Doc Holiday

I just find it amusing. It's not like we'll know that fate of the franchise after the pick either, lol. It will still be more speculation without resolution for a good while, even after the new QB has had time on the field. And just when you think you've got it all figured out, the apple cart will get spilled unexpectedly. Life is a journey, not a destination...

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Just figured I’d share this bit if info, long time off-season guru huddle vet here. This happens every year before the draft, just assume everyone is lying, because they probably are.

recent example of this is the “Stroud isn’t coachable” narrative that just came out. Willing to bet my pay check this is some team trying to get him to fall if Carolina doesn’t pick him.

The lie zone usually starts at the combine, and progressively increases till the draft. It’s peaking right now with it being right at 2 weeks out. 

believe nothing you hear, and nothing happens till it happens.

I think a lot of lying is put out there but im not sure of the reasoning.  You think if we take Young and Houston liked Stroud but now that they heard reports that hes not coachable,  they will just throw away all their interviews and research becsuse of an anonymous media report?  I dont think thats whats going on at all.  I think its just with 24/7 sports media coversge there has to be something to talk about at all times.  Some of it may end up being legit, some may not.

I put the "coachable" rumor crap in the same pile as the "can't take snaps under center" and "has a high chance to get hurt".  There's nothing to prove any of it.  People will believe what they want to believe, regardless if there is coach actually saying it, or any anecdotes or stats to back it up...as long as it suits their guy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this because I just want to remind everyone where we really are sitting in the predraft discussion. Told y’all two weeks ago that pretty much everything you’re hearing or would hear is a lie. I still stand by that, I will say though it does sound like we are drafting Young, but that’s about the only thing I’d put any weight to at this point.

the CJ Stroud stuff is 100% a team lying it’s butt off putting a lot of false info out there about him to get him to fall in the draft. My money would the Colts trying to put enough doubt out there for him to fall past the Texans.

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Just bumping this because I just want to remind everyone where we really are sitting in the predraft discussion. Told y’all two weeks ago that pretty much everything you’re hearing or would hear is a lie. I still stand by that, I will say though it does sound like we are drafting Young, but that’s about the only thing I’d put any weight to at this point.

the CJ Stroud stuff is 100% a team lying it’s butt off putting a lot of false info out there about him to get him to fall in the draft. My money would the Colts trying to put enough doubt out there for him to fall past the Texans.

I just treat everything about the NFL draft like it is some politician in Washington DC speaking.

"Oh, look, his lips are moving......that means he is lying."  That turns out to be correct almost every time.

It's too much work filtering out any needles of truth from the haystack, and it is not worth the effort.  I'll find out tomorrow night what happens in the first round.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

the problem is that this last week before the draft, especially in the last couple days leading up to it, this is when the truths start to slip out as well. 

easiest thing to do is just assume that everyone is lying, but right now it's about a 50/50 chance that what you are hearing is true.