• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So this is supposed to be our new QB

bobcat91

12 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Honestly I wouldnt even care about Young's size but watching him have to run into a 50 yard thrown ball, that cuts out a a huge option of deep balls. No one will respect that Safeties will break up sooner if the balls not thrown. I'm trying to get behind it but it looks like Mayfield fans calling for this, He just has it! Does he?

To be honest, that is the one thing that seems the most concerning to me. Seeing him needing to jump/run up to throw deep was eye opening.  I would be curious to know if it adds a second on the time it takes for him to throw the ball from a crowded pocket.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The first pass was this past season, the receiver clearly has to slow down on his route to catch the ball and ends up getting tackle before goaline because of it. 

Second pass was back in 2021 when he was definitely slinging it a lot harder and hitting guys in stride. He wasn't throwing like that this past season. No zip, velocity   and balls were hanging in the air way to much to where receivers had to adjust on routes for catches. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

14 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Yeah we should get a 6 foot 5 QB who is built like a DE. He will definitely last many years in the nfl with that body type just like Cam did. Meanwhile look at how long Drew Brees played in the league 

Drew Brees was 3 inches and 25 lbs heavier than Young.

Let that sink in

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

To be honest, that is the one thing that seems the most concerning to me. Seeing him needing to jump/run up to throw deep was eye opening.  I would be curious to know if it adds a second on the time it takes for him to throw the ball from a crowded pocket.

Same. The size debate has drowned this out but his arm strength should be the real concern. A lot of folks talk as if Bryce's passing is better than CJ's in every aspect and it's just not the case with the deep ball. 

His accuracy and playmaking ability will cover for him by forcing defenses to stay honest so I don't think it'll be as bad Bridgewater where we had to practically abandon the deep ball. He can throw deep, just slowly. It'll be important for our recievers to be able to win 1-on-1s on the deep floaters.

4 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Same. The size debate has drowned this out but his arm strength should be the real concern. A lot of folks talk as if Bryce's passing is better than CJ's in every aspect and it's just not the case with the deep ball. 

His accuracy and playmaking ability will cover for him by forcing defenses to stay honest so I don't think it'll be as bad Bridgewater where we had to practically abandon the deep ball. He can throw deep, just slowly. It'll be important for our recievers to be able to win 1-on-1s on the deep floaters.

Yes, will likely need to have an offensive line that gives him enough time and receivers that get quick separation so that he can throw the ball within the 3 second average.