• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Allbright on Top 3

Jaxel

39 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I have a hard time believing the Texans would pass on a QB

Defensive minded HC. Anderson might just be too hard to pass up.

But yeah, I would be surprised to see it. Kind of the most crucial piece for a new HC. 

But maybe they're thinking that they can get both their cornerstone for the defense in Will Anderson and then come back and get their franchise QB with either the #12 or their 2nd rounder. If they are more sold on Anderson than they are the QBs they think will be available at #2 and think that the QB they could draft at #12 or #32 would still be able to carri the franchise, then that makes sense.

They've got the picks, they've got the luxury of options.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Not hard believing at all. That team has a lot of needs. A rookie QB is not going to solve their problem. Also if the rumors are true and they are only high on Young why would they take a QB they don't want. 

Texans can get a QB in next year draft. They have a defensive coach. Will Anderson will be their centerpiece on defense.

In a way they would be better off building a team and preparing it fur a rookie QBs next year, kind of what we did in terms of O-line, strongish D etc.

38 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

We've been repeatedly told that the 'brains trust' hasn't met to discuss who their QB is - so everything is just conjecture.

With less than 2 weeks to go, the decision-makers haven't discussed who they are learning towards for No. 1 overall pick.

You really believe that?

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Albright is just guessing. Heck, he said so himself.

The people who actually do have inside  connections pretty much all say the final decision isn't made yet.

Exactly!

Albright is wrong as much as he's right, and lately, he's been off more.

Though he has sources, I put him well below the Schefty's, Jeremiah's and Mort's.

18 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

I’m almost certain the Panthers keep their options open and don’t jump to conclusions with 2 more weeks to go unlike some people on this board.

I'm basically not getting involved in debate with anyone that has a future QB username or avatar at this point. Back and forth mind numbing debate at least

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm basically not getting involved in debate with anyone that has a future QB username or avatar at this point. Back and forth mind numbing debate at least

Agreed. Does anyone remember that movie The Fan with Robert DeNiro and Wesley Snipes? That's what some of these extreme folks remind me of.

This close to the draft it's best to look at the positives for the top 3 and acquaint yourself with each possibility.

Season 3 Premiere GIF by Empire FOX

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1