• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young, Stroud, Corral

poundaway

9 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

And what do you base this on? That he never got to practice or play, or that he got injured in a preseason game with the 4th stringers?

If stupid was gold, this place would be Ft Knox.

Not sure why you felt the necessity to be insulting.  Look, I'm in favor of keeping the guy, but anyone that's been following the Panthers this year knows there has been talk of Matt being available for a trade.  Local media covered it last month.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/sports/nfl/panthers/carolina-panthers-matt-corral-trade-rumors/275-6a0a3c61-f84e-42cf-a071-f6d141da9d47

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

14 hours ago, Loyalty4Life said:

The 49ers have shown you can't have enough quality QB's on your roster.  I'd rather keep him then trade him as he's on a rookie deal and we've seen late round QB's end up better than 1st rounders many times before. 

Carolina likes throws darts to see if they can hit the bullseye.  Why not wait to see where the Corral dart ended up hitting.

One of my thoughts is that they have a second rookie QB out there that they want and perhaps think will be available way late or as UDFA. There are some really good options out there in the "who the heck are they" lists.

Personally, I think you're going to see at least one day two or three QB pull a Brock Purdy and prove to be something pretty cool. My bet is that it is Max Dugan from TCU. Not saying he's be in my top 3 choices (Young, Stroud, Hooker) but he could be a gamer out there for someone.

7 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

It just makes no sense to dispose of a guy you spent not-insignificant assets on to acquire, a guy that has had *no* chance to show anything yet. Young, cheap, unknown potential at the most important position on the field. Yeah, let's just dump him, smdh.

Its going to be funny as hell when he turns into our kirk cousins when Young gets hurt.

• Flames 1

18 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

He would be poached from the PS unless there is a way to protect his rights. 

This is why I’d like to see an exemption to the 53 man roster rule and allow an extra spot for a third QB. With how critical the position is to the success of a team, seeing how far play drops already with most backups, and how often teams end up starting more than just two different people in a season …. Allow the third QB on a roster so teams can developed guys without risk of losing them via practice squad etc.   or having to sacrifice QB depth for depth on roster elsewhere. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

How come everyone can see it coming but the YOUNGSTERS?!

Not just "hurt", crushed, mauled, maimed flattened.

This ain't college football.

You realize that you are talking about how much more durable Coral will be than Young.  Do you even hear yourself?

19 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I think Corral could develop nicely into a backup for Young. Has similar quickness and is pretty accurate with a quick release as well. You could run a similar playbook… He just needs to make the roster first and then who knows.

Is Young really better than Corral though? Put Young at Ole Miss, in Corral's situation, and what does Young do? I'd almost guarantee it's not much, if at all, better.