• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein: strong probability Panthers trade out of #39

TheSpecialJuan

9 hours ago, chknwing said:

I rather have 2 dimes than 4 pennies

No poo. I understand trading down in the 1st when you could pick up a next year’s 1st by dropping, but all of our trading back in 2021 wasn’t really successful. We got a lot of nickels/pennies and no quarters and dimes.

I think we've done a good job in free agency. We need to use this draft to get some immediate playmakers on the field. Whichever QB we choose at #1 is going to help right from the start. If a stud edge rusher, LB, WR, or DB is on the board at #39 we need to bite the bullet and pick the guy.

Like someone mentioned earlier, all of that trading down from the 2nd round in 2021 has yet to pay off. The moves resulted in one solid starter (Brady Christensen), a solid platoon RB (Chubba Hubbard), and a guy we still have no idea how good he is at WR (TMJ). 

16 hours ago, Murph said:

Didn’t the FO say that the sweet spot in this draft is right where our pick is at 39? I’ve heard others say there will be lots of 1st round talent in the first half of the 2nd round. I think Klein is talking out his a$$

From the GM last month: “We didn’t want to have that big gap in there,” Fitterer told The Athletic last week at the NFL owners’ meetings in Phoenix. “We thought the sweet spot in this class is somewhere between 20 and 45, just really good value in there. At 61, that’s a heck of a fall, and you’re gonna watch a lot of good players (go off the board).”

I'll go with the GM after watching him keep the pick out of the blockbuster trade to #1 overall over Klein and others speculating. 

I think RR does a ton of great work and Josh does have an ear to the ground within the org, but as most are doing this time of year, pure speculation. 

We should get a franchise EDGE or CB there...maybe guard or tight end too. 

17 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I wanted a WR to pair with whichever QB we end up with but seeing as of today our WR room consists of: 

Adam Thielen 

DJ Chark

Terrace Marshall Jr.

Damiere Byrd

Shi Smith 

Lavishka Shenault Jr.

Preston Williams 

CJ Saunders 

I dont think WR is as high on the priority list as I originally thought. Contract duration and injury concerns should be enough to keep our eyes open on the position. We might have a suprise cut coming down the line. 

Imo, if we stay at 39 and a certain corner is on the board, I think they bite. And quickly. That corner is Julius Brents. He's going to develop into a star corner imo but I think the word is alread out. His name is starting to pop up everywhere. I also think we already met with him but I'm not 100% for certain off the top of my head. 

Without a trade down, we'd probably be looking at choosing between JB, Darnell Washington, Drew Sanders, Jack Campbell, Avila, Brian Branch, Kincaid, Gibbs, Simpson, Uzomah, Ojulari, White, Musgrave, LaPorta, Downs etc. That's just based off the few dozen mocks I've either seen or did. 

That's a helluva pool to choose BPA from. But If we do trade down I'm hoping we stay inside that top 50. 

Brents could VERY well be the guy at 39.  You typically don't see such discipline in fundementals for a guy with his length, size, & athleticism.  With Horn & Jackson's injury history, we need a guy capable outside, not one of these shorter DBs.  Brents all day

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

If this guy is there at 39, the Panthers need to run the card down before the commish can leave the podium,

I thought there was no chance, but I’ve seen him in a couple of mock drafts falling to the second round, he would be such a steal.

• Pie 1