• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POLL: Have you accepted that Bryce Young will be a Panther yet, and are you excited?

Have you accepted that Bryce Young will be a Panther yet, and are you excited about it?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. topic

• I am excited, and I have accepted it
    • I am not excited, but I have concede that BY will be our QB
    • I am still in denial and think he won't be the pick - THE BETTING SITES REMOVING THE PANTHERS PICK, THE REPORTS ETC ARE A MASSIVE SMOKESCREEN!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2023 at 02:51 AM

I will accept any QB they choose at 1. They are the experts and will have to deal with the consequences if the QB doesn't pan out. 

However, I've preferred Bryce over the other quarterbacks. I don't think any sensible fan of his has ignored concerns about his frame. Yet, the inner workings of being a successful QB, he has it in spades. 

Stroud is a good prospect at QB. He would have been the first QB taken last year. My concern about him has been his lack of off-schedule plays and his ability to elevate those around him.

I don't see him as a game-changer. I think he's best served having a team with a better roster like the Raiders trading up to No.2 to pair him with an established player like Devonte Adams. 

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Martin said:

I don’t think they are mutually exclusive in any way. I think it would have been awesome if Young was bigger. Sounds like the Young crowd thinks he’s perfect and wouldn’t want him bigger even if it was possible. 

I think this is the biggest misconception, thinking the only reason someone prefers Stroud is because he’s taller. Complete dismissing his accuracy, taking snaps under center, ability to read a defense etc. 

I'm a Bryce guy. If you got something to make him bigger i'm all in!

• Pie 2

I'm excited. been excited even though i haven't had any certainty about who will be the pick...i just feel like they are going to make the best call and we've got some good QBs to pick from.

i still am not totally sure who the pick will be, even though it's looking more and more like Young will be the pick. i'm just excited to hear that name called (whatever name it is) and the watch him in TC and then preseason games, and then in the regular season leading this team to a deep run in the playoffs.

• Pie 7

1 minute ago, BriceYung9 said:

I accepted it once I decided to make this my username. His potential was too much to deny. I got tired of trying to convince myself otherwise because of size. If size matters so much half of y’all wouldn’t even be married. Food for thought. 

What does that have to do with football? Players succeed and fail for a number of different reasons.

Whether you like it or not there is a level of risk and it is in the same ball park as Anthony Richardson. When you add in the history the last 11 or 12 years in success and failure of first overall quarterbacks it brings that risk even further into focus. Considering this is simply reality. Does that mean I think Young will fail? No. But I see that there is a distinct possibility the best QB from this class may not even go #1. All I hope for is we pick the QB with the highest ceiling in the class. These discussions aren't going anywhere btw. This class will be compared for years to come. So folks who are sensitive to this discussion should settle in or maybe go watch some golf.

• Pie 2

The difference between Bryce guys and CJ guys, is it seems like Bryce guys are hardcore all in on their guy...whereas the majority of posts from the CJ camp are more anti-Bryce than they are pro-CJ.  I rarely see arguments for why we should pick CJ, but rather arguments for why we should not pick Bryce.  May seem like a subtle difference, but one camp seems to believe in their guy much more than the other camp believes in their guy.  I was leaning more heavily towards CJ over the last couple months as someone who doesn't watch a lick of college football (he just seems to check a lot of boxes), but when his own fans barely have anything nice to say about him other than "Bryce Young small", then it gives me a lot more pause lol.

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The difference between Bryce guys and CJ guys, is it seems like Bryce guys are hardcore all in on their guy...whereas the majority of posts from the CJ camp are more anti-Bryce than they are pro-CJ.  I rarely see arguments for why we should pick CJ, but rather arguments for why we should not pick Bryce.  May seem like a subtle difference, but one camp seems to believe in their guy much more than the other camp believes in their guy.  I was leaning more heavily towards CJ over the last couple months as someone who doesn't watch a lick of college football (he just seems to check a lot of boxes), but when his own fans barely have anything nice to say about him other than "Bryce Young small", then it gives me a lot more pause lol.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4783k8oycnz2tp9d4zbm

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I never fell in love with any of them. I have huge concerns about Young's size. I have concerns about Stroud in terms of dealing with pressure and what he'll look like when his team isn't hands down more talented than the oppositions. I have concerns with Richardson's lack of college production and throwing mechanics.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Option 4: I am going to be excited regardless of who the pick is and until the pick is turned in I don’t know who it will be.

And no that is not denial. It very well could be BY and if it is then YAY! But until I hear he is the pick from an official source like a coach other team representative OR Roger Goodell at the podium then I don’t know. All the “signs” and “feels” and “thinks” and “connect the dots” are still just speculation.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1