• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scenario for our second pick

JawnyBlaze

48 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

My opinion? Forget going after WR in this draft--JSN might be a second rounder in other years.  I think we are not going to do much more at WR.

The draft is deep at Edge, CB, and TE.  We have needs at those positions.  I think we might grab an Edge and CB---maybe or maybe not a TE--and we will grab an OL.

Honestly, my preferred scenario would be the same idea but for Kincaid or Mayer. But JSN seems highly thought of around here so I figured that would be a better question to ask. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I might have agreed if Miles Sanders didn’t get the deal he did.. RB is a later round need.. If we get a familiar target for Young it probably be Latu..

Miles got a fairly inexpensive deal with us. And it could be a bargain if we got Double Trouble type production back there again...

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Would you guys be ok with this scenario?

Variables:

JSN falls to the mid 20s, just say 25 for example. Entirely possible, he’s not elite and a team could definitely still have QR at #1 based on athleticism and YAC abilities. 

Carolina takes Young #1, for the purpose of this hypothetical just to avoid the existing relationship bias.

Trade:

Carolina trades #39, #93 and next year’s third to move to 25 to take JSN.  Value works out, I know most want to trade down rather than up given our remaining draft positions, but there’s something to be said for quality over quantity and we don’t have many holes.  Better to get higher quality pieces and build toward longer term success than trying to get to mid tier asap.

Fuggin love JSN but he isn’t going to be available even in a move up

Nah. It's not like he's a surefire WR1. I mean, he ain't Chase, Jefferson or even Moore. He'd have to prove he's better than a healthy Chark or a flashing TMJ or old man Thielen. I'm not even sure that he'll end up the best in this draft. I say we stay put and let talent fall to us. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Miles got a fairly inexpensive deal with us. And it could be a bargain if we got Double Trouble type production back there again...

Agree to disagree.. Miles got a solid contract for RBs today not name CMC.. And we can get a double trouble situation with a later round RB.. We don’t need to put that many assets in that position.. Especially with 2 solid options already on the roster..

2 hours ago, BriceYung9 said:

I feel he is a solid WR that is slightly over hyped by this draft not having a home run type prospect. He is very safe but not worth trading up for. I like the middle of the pack WRs there’s a lot of untapped talent there. We are pretty heavy at the position now as the group consists of 

Chark 

Theilen

TMJ 

Shenault 

Smith 

Byrd 

3 of the top 4 have missed multiple games to injuries the last two seasons and Theilen is 33. If you get the chance you draft another WR point blank period.