• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 - The Carolina Panthers Select Jonathan Mingo - WR - Mississippi

rodeo

Excited about the Mingo pick. I can see why Fitt liked him based on the interview above.

One tidbit that I didn't see discussed is around the 4:00 mark, Mingo is asked about Corral. Said that during his visit, Matt told him how much he liked the new coaching staff, how his body feels better, and how he is understanding the offense better than he was last year....Later on he says that if Bryce gives him too much grief for Bama beating Ole Miss that him and Matt will have to gang up on Bryce 😆

• Pie 1
  • Beer 5

Great personality and football knowledge from this kid. People are going to love him. I'm really excited for this pick. I'm expecting him and TMJ to learn quite a bit from Thielen and Chark too. Hopefully the fresh faces and new competition brings out a spark from the whole group. We need that for our rookie quarterback.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Smitty's development into a WR coach is going great. Was this the WR they fell in love with at the combine and were being secretive about? 

Glad the defensive stuff was just talk. He doesn't have an explosive burst but he's still fast, good hands. A great route runner is getting to get fed heavy by Bryce in this offense.

Hope it pans out nicely but I think Mingo is going to be lost in the shuffle this year and round 2 was a bit high to take him for the type of production hes put out. Unless the coaches just play favorites because they drafted him. Chark and Theilen are still the #1 and #2 after this draft so everyone else is fighting for WR3 and WR4 snaps. Laviska should probably be the #3 with TMJ at the 4 right now. It’s just a weird pick for a dude who wasn’t that productive in college until his fourth year and even then it wasn’t exactly an explosive season around 800 yards. Dude was well shy of 1k. And it’s odd to me to spend a second round pick on a guy who isn’t going to be a starter. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Bluetooth said:

I'm really loving this pick now, just found out the saints were going pick him at 40 🤣

He had so many top-30s...scouts and fans online were all about him.  He was on many draft wishlists within other fanbases.

We never get those guys!! Finally landed one haha.  

Our WR room is looking pretty diverse.  We're a lot taller than we're used to which is nice.  

Name (Age) Height | 40 time

Adam Thielen (32) 6'2 | ~4.5 (guesstimate) 

Terrace Marshall Jr. (22) 6'2 | 4.38

DJ Chark (26) 6'4 | 4.34

Jonathan Mingo (22) 6'2 | 4.46

Laviska Shenault (24) 6'1 | 4.58

Shi Smith (24) 5'10 | 4.43

Damiere Byrd (30) 5'9 | ~4.4 (was 4.28 as a rookie) 

• Beer 1