• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2008 opener vs. San Diego

MechaZain

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Remember it like it was yesterday.  

Tonight Show Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I can’t believe Jakes first game was coming up on 20 years ago.  I’ll never forget the roar of the crowd when he replaced Rodney Peete in the 2nd half, as he his play was abysmal and left us down 17-0.

At first everyone assumed it was Weinke coming in but shocked when we saw that number 17 but the crowd was just ecstatic to see anyone but Peete come back out.

While I don’t remember each play specifically I’ll never forget the feeling of watching him take command of the huddle and lead an improbably comeback to win 24-23.  Absolutely one of the funnest games I’ve ever attended. 

A perfect beginning to a season that left us as close you can get to winning a Super Bowl. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, panther4life said:

I can’t believe Jakes first game was coming up on 20 years ago.  I’ll never forget the roar of the crowd when he replaced Rodney Peete in the 2nd half, as he his play was abysmal and left us down 17-0.

At first everyone assumed it was Weinke coming in but shocked when we saw that number 17 but the crowd was just ecstatic to see anyone but Peete come back out.

While I don’t remember each play specifically I’ll never forget the feeling of watching him take command of the huddle and lead an improbably comeback to win 24-23.  Absolutely one of the funnest games I’ve ever attended. 

A perfect beginning to a season that left us as close you can get to winning a Super Bowl. 

That was the most magical and improbable season.  The 4th down game winning TD pass to Ricky Proehl will always be etched in my memory.  

A play called 'Reno' sent Panthers, Ricky Proehl on their way in 2003 |  Charlotte Observer

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

that whole season was just an emotional ride. 

start off with that draft that had us trading back into the first to get Otah after drafting Stewart.

bringing back Moose was a big deal and for me bringing in DJ Hackett and Tyler Brayton was a big deal too. 

then training camp (i lived down there at the time and was there a couple days a week) had that incident with Smith and Lucas.

the whole season was just a wild ride that came crashing down at the end when fox & co drove that train off a cliff. yeah i know Jake threw all the INTS, but the whole game was mismanaged before it ever started.

i couldn't imagine a better start to the season than that game. chargers just seemed like this team that couldn't be beat.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Of the greatest endings to our games ever. It was that last little bit of Delhomme magic that had me feeling like we were gonna win it all that year. Then the Arizona game

Truly the day the magic died. Jake had a knack for looking like a hall of famer in spurts and that game put an end to it altogether.

• Pie 1

I was sitting in the endzone where Rosario made the catch with my now wife (we had just gotten engaged) and some coworkers from LA who drove down.

The 4th Quarter and ending of that game was insane.  I remember the whole stadium cheering at the end b/c all the Charger fans initially thought it was incomplete (Rosario plucked that ball from the sky- it was by far his best career game and catch).  The stadium then fell silent once everyone realized what happened.  Me and one other Panther fan were standing up in our section cheering.  It was amazing.

Only the 2015 NFC Championship beatdown of the Cardinals was more fun as a fan in my Panthers fandom.

Also, we won every home game that year, too.  I was 9-0 attending Panthers games in 2008 until the Delhomme meltdown.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1