• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the Panthers or won't they contend for a playoff spot

panthers55

1 hour ago, BULLETPRQQF said:

Does anyone remember the WR/TE core we had in the superbowl? Take another look. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 we will be ok. I'm calling Panthers in playoffs. Too dynamic of a coaching staff/young skilled players to not make it.

SmartSelect_20230630_015735_Chrome.png

That group had Olsen and a waning Cotchery but not much else.  While this team doesn't have a talent like Olsen, we do have several sturdy and capable pieces.  Also, I think the Oline is probably much better than the group back then. 

That coupled with a more innovative coaching staff leads me to believe this Panther group will surprise a lot of people this year.    I think if Young will have some normal growing pains as a rookie but he will impress.  Probably drinking some homerade, but I think we will be in a position to win the division this year.

• Pie 3

I'm inclined to say probably not but the division might be bad enough that we do. We'll see I guess. I'm mainly watching this year to see progress being made and signs we're heading in the right direction and hopefully that we've solved our QB issue. I'm not really expecting to contend.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

That group had Olsen and a waning Cotchery but not much else.  While this team doesn't have a talent like Olsen, we do have several sturdy and capable pieces.  Also, I think the Oline is probably much better than the group back then. 

That coupled with a more innovative coaching staff leads me to believe this Panther group will surprise a lot of people this year.    I think if Young will have some normal growing pains as a rookie but he will impress.  Probably drinking some homerade, but I think we will be in a position to win the division this year.

It’s amazing how the 2015 OL gets discredited. When BC, Bozeman and Corbett start racking up pro bowls and all pros, then this OL is much better. The current OL is better at tackles but that OL was better G to G. When all 3 of your IOL were all pro and/or pro bowl caliber, it’s a good OL. We were ranked top 5 and in some cases only behind Dallas in OL.

Also, we absolutely will have a chance to win the division. All we have to get to is above .500 and Id bet we’d be leading the division or at most 1 game out.

• Pie 4

24 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This year could be 2010 or 2011.  We'll go as Bryce goes, that simple.

Agree. Young is absolutely the key. We aren’t talented enough yet IMHO that we can overcome mediocre QB play. Our division is bad enough that a couple surprise division wins could get us in the playoffs. I think all teams in the division can beat each other with a couple big plays (see big Tampa loss last year), so pulling out a couple close division games could separate us. The only threat is if somehow Carr plays lights out in NO. They’ve lost a lot of talent on D so who knows.

5 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

This group is not better than Khalil, Turner, Oher, Norwell.

There is 11 pro bowls between those guys.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

It’s amazing how the 2015 OL gets discredited. When BC, Bozeman and Corbett start racking up pro bowls and all pros, then this OL is much better. The current OL is better at tackles but that OL was better G to G. When all 3 of your IOL were all pro and/or pro bowl caliber, it’s a good OL. We were ranked top 5 and in some cases only behind Dallas in OL.

Also, we absolutely will have a chance to win the division. All we have to get to is above .500 and Id bet we’d be leading the division or at most 1 game out.

24 minutes ago, Tbe said:

This group is not better than Khalil, Turner, Oher, Norwell.

There is 11 pro bowls between those guys.

Yes. You are both correct.

That is a complete brain fart and was a stupid statement on my part.  Thanks for pointing that out. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

This year could be 2010 or 2011.  We'll go as Bryce goes, that simple.

lol what, even with Dalton we'll be significantly better than 2010, what a ridiculous take. Probably even better than 2011 with Dalton too. We were better than 2011 last year despite trash at QB and coach much of the year. 

Panthers will easily make the playoffs this year if Bryce stays healthy, and possibly still make it even if he doesn't.

• Beer 1