• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we stop blaming Kasey

Panther53521

3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Unfortunately for Kasay and Mike Tolbert, two stand-up guys who were a big reason there was a Super Bowl to care about in the first place, their legacies are often defined by a kickoff out of bounds and a fumble.

Tolbert actually fumbled twice in the Super Bowl, and he was a roster albatross from 2015 on. Almost got TD killed on that onside kick recovery vs Seattle by not hitting anyone and contacted literally no one three different times on Ginn's TD run vs the Cardinals. His 2015 legacy is what it is.

14 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

It's always been this way. Too many ppl think they are capable of out Trolling a Troll. Well, that and the fact that we have more than our fair share of Trolls to begin with.

You are a part timer troll yourself there bub. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black aint' it? But yeah, the guy in question I do believe is somewhat mentally challenged so I try to cut him a little slack and just gif meme him back for fun. We are all trolls to a degree, just some days some of us decide to act out a little more than others.

He was too clutch his entire career to forgive him for that kick.  Great kickers don't kick the ball out of bounds in the Superbowl having just tied the game with less than a minute to go.  Vinitari would never had done it. Would we have won if he had kicked it out of the end zone? Who knows, but we probably go to overtime.

I don't obsess over that Super Bowl. If the NFL network shows it, I watch .... turning it off right after Proehl's touchdown.  We lost one of the greatest Super Bowls ever played. What can you do?

On the other hand, I have never re-watched one second of Super Bowl 50.  Too traumatic.

• Pie 3

John had never kicked a ball out of bounds and he chose THAT moment. I’ve moved past it but I will never forget that. It took the wind out of our sail. Maybe our defense wouldn’t have stopped Tom but he would’ve had to make a longer drive, felt like he basically got the ball at midfield. 

it was just frustrating bc the guys played their @$$es off just for the ball to be kicked out of bounds lol 

We had honestly grabbed momentum those last few possessions of the game. In my opinion. 

Edited by LordOfDaWingz

21 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

Yes the kickoff out of bounds was a mistake, but even if the Pats had to start inside the 20, they still had a good chance to get close enough for the FG.

the Stadium was warm that day, and you can tell by the way all scores where in late 1st half and 4 quarter.

our great defense didn’t sack Brady

Pats had the ball for 39 mins

We allowed 481 yards on defense

we started going to 2 points to early

our defense was extremely tired

we had a hell of a chance to win with all this going against us.

Please stop blaming Kasey, if not for him that year and his winning FG’s all year long, we would not even been in the Super Bowl 

Yes, should’ve kicked the extra points, but that’s not guaranteed points.

Love JK but that kick was awful, you could feel/see the momentum just turn on a dime. 

I watched this game about 3 days ago  on NFL network.  I swear I thought we were going to win. 

Time of possession was what hurt us the most in this game.  39 min to 21 min. It didn't feel that way watching it live , because we were scoring. Our defense was zapped. Tired. 
Many of us agree,  we gave Brady too much time at the end.  

• Pie 1