• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we stop blaming Kasey

Panther53521

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It is a little like people blaming Sam Norwood for the loss when he missed the potential game-winning FG for the Bills against the Giants in Owl XXV in 1991.  Nevermind the fact that the league average in 1990 for FGs from 40-49 yards was about 62%, in many minds he missed a chip shot.

I meant Scott Norwood.  Sam Norwood was a former supervisor of mine.  Great guy, and I don't he ever missed wide right. 

• Beer 4

No. You are playing in the Superbowl. The other team is obviously good. They will make plays too. It's one thing to get bested by a tough team. It's another to make an unforced error.

Kasay was still great but he fuged up

• Beer 1

I wrote a ton. 
Delete.

I won’t forget his mistake and it certainly did cost us but it is tough to make assumptions about things that didn’t happen. Like if he did his job. He didn’t. We still might have lost. 

I’d like to watch that game again though, can anyone say how to do that? Free, preferably lol. 

Edited by stratocatter

Starting on the 40 yard line the Pats where long yardage and 3rd down when Dan Morgan caused a penalty that gave them a 1st down...without Morgan's penalty the Pats would have faced a 4th and long which could have ended the game and the Panthers winning the SB. 

I don't hear about that much situation after the Casey kick......but was yelling at the TV when it happened that it was the hammering of the death nail in the game for the Panthers with Casey's kick only placing the nail to get hammered (in my opinion)............no doubt both defenses were gassed and the offenses were practically scoring at will during the late stages of the 4th quarter but I can't help thinking what might of happened if the Pats would have been forced in the final play of the game as a 4th and long on their side of the field rather than it being a FG and the win. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

As soon as I saw that Brady was going to get the ball back with just about a minute left, I felt we were doomed.  All the kick did imo, is decrease the difficult factor slightly.  

To be honest, I felt that Fox shouldn't have called that final timeout on our own drive.  Should have ran some clock to ensure we either scored and tied it and sent it to overtime, or we lost on our own.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1