• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Bojangles bad now or is it just me

Bojangles  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Bojangles

• Its good
    • Its bad

7 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

To me it hanst been the same since Covid. That new Bo Chicken sandwich tastes like crap, and I dont know if they use the same chicken pattie now for the cajun filet, but it doesn't taste the same anymore. 

The couple times I've had a Cajun filet biscuit the past few years the chicken has been about as thin as it can be.  Mostly just breading and a dry ads biscuit 

On 7/19/2023 at 5:46 PM, chknwing said:

actually I think it depends on where you go.  Ive been to a few bojangles and the food was night and day.  went to a bojangles out near albemarle and the chicken was juicy, charlotte, always dry.

This. Also, depends on what you get.

We stopped at a Bojangles' in Georgia and the service was very good, but the supremes were literally the size of your thumb. Four of them equated to one chicken tender. 

The Bojangles' near me is excellent with its service, and its breakfast food, so I hit it up probably once a month or so. The one near work is generally pretty impolite, but their supremes and fries are still 1A as of April or May.

EDIT: If you want good Bojangles', I'm telling you -- get it at a Checkers game at Bojangles' Coliseum. The supremes and fries are always fantastic and while it costs more, you get more supremes in an order and they're top-notch every time, because they're the arena sponsor. 

Edited by Carl Spackler

12 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

All chain restaurants have been slowly going downhill for the last decade, and I believe Covid (mixed with all the "supply chain issues" and labor disputes) have really made all of them horrendous. 

And most all chain restaurants are franchise operations. The corporate entity behind the franchises dictate the food suppliers, so that part of the equation is a constant. So, if you have 2 franchises across town from each other getting their food supplies from US Foods, SYSCO or whomever, and their served product quality is vastly different, it's the people running and managing the operation who are the difference. 

One trick is to find the locations where they train the managers.  MANY years ago I was a manager in the Greensboro store where all of the managers of triad locations were trained (Battleground Rd).  90% of the employees there were either training to go to Bo U or had just come back and were finishing up training before going to their location.

Another is to find the busy locations.  The busier they are the less likely they are to develop the bad habits and shortcuts low volume locations develop to keep costs down. Holding food too long, frozen busciuts, not swapping out the batter often enough...

It was a long time ago (decades) and I don't know if they still do manager training the same way so that may not still be a thing but the busy store thing tends to work across the quick service landscape.  Hell if they've stopped the training thing that might be part of the problem.

And I don't live in the SE anymore so its always been too long when I do get to a Bo and I tend to just be happy for something that isn't Popeye's of KFC

Edited by Cullenator