• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bootleg Football[ft. Brett Kollman]: The Panthers are actually a sneaky good team?

thunderraiden

Colin Cowherd was on our bandwagon, but it's clear he knows nothing about our franchise. Dude was on Nat'l tv today and said we should trade for Austin Ekeler because we don't have a all purpose rb on the roster like him.

At that point I turned the channel. It's amazing these dudes get tv shows/radio shows and legit know nothing about sports. It all makes sense they only follow big market teams. Dude how do you forget we signed Miles Sanders who was the starting rb in the Super Bowl.smh

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Pie 3

They know a lot about the panthers but also Evero and Reich. Surprised to learn that Reich loves running it up the middle and we were top 10 for running it up the middle so I would be surprised to see our run game take a step back which was my main concern moving off of Steve Wilks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

They know a lot about the panthers but also Evero and Reich. Surprised to learn that Reich loves running it up the middle and we were top 10 for running it up the middle so I would be surprised to see our run game take a step back which was my main concern moving off of Steve Wilks.

Johnathan Taylor had 1800 yards and 18 TDs on 332 attempts in Reich's offense just 2 seasons ago....

I dont think Wilks has ever produced a running game close to that level. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Johnathan Taylor had 1800 yards and 18 TDs on 332 attempts in Reich's offense just 2 seasons ago....

I dont think Wilks has ever produced a running game close to that level. 

Which is crazy that the season totals for Miles Sanders in Vegas are all extremely low.

image.thumb.png.faa69ca8417d2d250f0a0ca8c12fa888.png

Every talking head has the same dumb opinion on our division. They’ve never seen a panthers team with youth, pedigree, and versatility amongst the all coaching ranks. Mild amount of jock riding over master mid Derek Carr. 28-30th best qb in the nfl Ridder is also a factor as well… I am , have been, and will be high on THIS team and it’s gonna be sweeter than we could’ve imagined.

It is interesting to read and see different takes on the Panthers this year. Some have us as contenders while others say pretenders and over rated.  I am on the contender side. We went 6-6 under Wilks and this staff is an upgrade. With a real quarterback and  legitimate offensive scheme I just don't see us less than .500 barring major injuries. With some luck we could register our first winning season  since 2017. I don't think that is unrealistic.

• Pie 4

I feel like basically the division is wide open for the taking so we can make the playoffs but it's not the kinda set up where you want to take any of our players in fantasy early. Jets joint practice and preseason week 2 will probably be the biggest telling points of how we'll actually look

4 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Which is crazy that the season totals for Miles Sanders in Vegas are all extremely low.

image.thumb.png.faa69ca8417d2d250f0a0ca8c12fa888.png

With the shift in the market, Sanders deal is the largest given to a free agent RB this off-season.  We needed help but the contract may ultimately cause some regret.  Still hopeful personally