• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Von Miller: The Panthers were the better team

Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, CRA said:

Well, Von sort of is ending that totally out coached narrative.   The refs mattered way more.  Luck mattered more. Again, that Denver O was utter trash.  

If the game is just averagely called.....we win.  Denver wasn't even the second best team in the NFL. 

We went 17-1 going into that game.  There was no blueprint Atl showed.  Which is why we smashed people after that.  

They just Green Dog blitzed us, i.e. if a TE / RB / FB was staying into block, the man assigned to them in coverage on defence was blitzing.

It left Von Miller on an island all night and he obliterated us. 

Yeah the Panthers were absolutely freaking pathetic that day. Completely deserved the loss and essentially ruined the best year in franchise history. Complete failure from the top down on the biggest game you can earn in the sport. Cam gave everyone the ammo they were craving all year after finally proving how good he could be and Ron turned into a frozen pumpkin on the sideline. Pathetic, pathetic stuff and I don't want to think about it. 

That's great for him to say. It's painful for me. I have been a long time Vikings fan and love Panthers fan too. 0-6 . I am over it though. Still love them! But, I thought we got out coached that game and knew it the first drive. Sometimes you have to grab opportunity by the throat.

I can deal with the loss in ‘03. I cannot deal with the loss in ‘15, so I block it out. We were supposed to win that shyt. Thankful Von validates that.

I remember at the start when the refs missed the call on the cotchery catch, my child’s mother looking over at me, saying the game was over. Refs weren’t going to let us win this game. She was right. That opener in 2016 was a travesty, and I still haven’t fully recovered after it. 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1

14 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Yeah I can agree with that. I also feel like much of the BS calls came from the refs and the league having bias against Cam. I think the fact that Cam wasn't an awe shucks try hard traditional QB rubbed the old crusty zebras the wrong way and chose not to protect him. Which just shows the lack of integrity on the official's part. Cam should have been able to be as unabashedly himself as he damn well please and you still call the game fair and square. 

And if anyone thinks thats a tin foil hat theory, just look at what the refs did when they finally made PI challengeable. They essentially boycotted it and turned down every challenge despite the clear evidence overturning PI. These people don't like being told their wrong because they get high on power trips. 

Believe me when I say the NFL didn't want a black QB that wasn't a Russell Wilson "uncle Tom" type of person being the star of the NFL. They just want their yes sir and be thankful for what you have type of minority QB.

I know I'm biased being a Panthers fan, but I don't think I've ever seen a QB get so few calls on penalty worthy hits in my life... The fact that Cam stayed healthy as long as he did is truly remarkable. I really wish he had a halfway competent staff while he was here 😩

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Believe me when I say the NFL didn't want a black QB that wasn't a Russell Wilson "uncle Tom" type of person being the star of the NFL. They just want their yes sir and be thankful for what you have type of minority QB.

I know I'm biased being a Panthers fan, but I don't think I've ever seen a QB get so few calls on penalty worthy hits in my life... The fact that Cam stayed healthy as long as he did is truly remarkable. I really wish he had a halfway competent staff while he was here 😩

Preaching to choir here. I've said the same thing for years. It's a real shame too. Cam deserved better and was ahead of his time. 

I loved Cam's confidence and his ego. He brought pride and arrogance to the Panthers for the first time. He made us feel like we deserved to be winners and not have to ask for it. Shame on the NFL for allowing such a piss poor display. I hope Cam speaks out on it one day. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Preaching to choir here. I've said the same thing for years. It's a real shame too. Cam deserved better and was ahead of his time. 

I loved Cam's confidence and his ego. He brought pride and arrogance to the Panthers for the first time. He made us feel like we deserved to be winners and not have to ask for it. Shame on the NFL for allowing such a piss poor display. I hope Cam speaks out on it one day. 

Well said. I hope he does too.