• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Von Miller: The Panthers were the better team

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Preaching to choir here. I've said the same thing for years. It's a real shame too. Cam deserved better and was ahead of his time. 

I loved Cam's confidence and his ego. He brought pride and arrogance to the Panthers for the first time. He made us feel like we deserved to be winners and not have to ask for it. Shame on the NFL for allowing such a piss poor display. I hope Cam speaks out on it one day. 

It always amazes me how so many white guys (as a white guy himself) absolutely hated cam because he was a kid at heart. The dude literally gave his all every single play and should deservingly have celebrated every first day on after all of the hits he took. Yet, every old fart hated him because of it...

I will say... I teach and it amazes me how many kids loved Cam from 2013-2018ish years. It really sucks that TJ Watt broke his shoulder 😡

• Pie 1

I literally said the entire time that the Broncos were so CLEARLY the worst team we had played all playoffs. They didn't have any semblance of an offense whatsoever and were led by the worst QB in the NFL that season. 

But, we had an inflexible coaching staff that couldn't stop beating their heads against the same wall.  And the absolute jobbing the NFL was giving us.

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I literally said the entire time that the Broncos were so CLEARLY the worst team we had played all playoffs. They didn't have any semblance of an offense whatsoever and were led by the worst QB in the NFL that season. 

But, we had an inflexible coaching staff that couldn't stop beating their heads against the same wall.  And the absolute jobbing the NFL was giving us.

The Broncos were very one-dimensional.  They had an anemic offense but a great defense.

So, our brain trust did the obvious thing: Throw the same game plan out there that we had used all year and assume that great defense would not be ready for it after two weeks of preparation.  Guess what, they were prepared and then some......whodathunkit?

Offensively:  take away the two big turnovers that resulted in 15 points for 4 yards of offense, one blown put coverage that was followed up with no yards and a FG, and their offense accounted for 6 points. 

Unfortunately, our brilliant offensive strategy only accounted for 10.  Then subtract the above-mentioned 15 from the turnovers.

• Beer 1

On 8/8/2023 at 9:27 AM, PantherFanInPhilly said:

No..seriously...can yall fuging believe we lost that game? It was right there. Right fuging there in front of us. 

@Mr. Scot my original post was in response to "It (the win) was right there".

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah I was. Blaming Kasay for that loss is stupid.

And where as I wouldn't blame the lose fully on Kasay  . . .the kick was undeniably a major choke.

3 minutes ago, panfanman said:

@Mr. Scot my original post was in response to "It (the win) was right there".

And where as I wouldn't blame the lose fully on Kasay  . . .the kick was undeniably a major choke.

Not if John Fox had made some of the right coaching decisions on point afters. Or, for that matter, if our defense had made a play on the final drive.

And more than that. No game is decided on any single play. A hundred things could have changed that outcome.

• Pie 1

Duh. Poor coaching, questionable officiating, and ill-timed mistakes/failures (Tolbert fumble, Ginn letting the pick bounce off of his hands, the punt return nonsense, Cotchery not catching that bill cleanly in the first place) doomed the team.

good lord there is no conspiracy, the panthers played like trash, but we’re a good enough team to keep it close. they made huge mistakes all game. yea the officiating sucked but do you guys watch any NFL at all outside the Panthers? Officiating is always horrendous.  not sure why we need refs tbh