• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expectations for this Defense

Jmac

From what I have been seeing and hearing, they seem to be firing on all cylinders already. The front seven looks to be a nasty bunch and may be the lynch pin to the whole thing.

Hopefully the new scheme and coaching will be the spark they needed. Time to kick ass and take names.....I expect top ten at least in the NFL.  What u got?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Yet there will be weak spots. As to the op question, work in progress with much potential. 

They could benefit at first from facing underdeveloped offenses that ran out of preseason, and  the lack of film people will have on them (just preseason stuff from this year). 

I expect a work in progress that progresses if healthy, and by the end of the year could be pretty jelled. Too many guys transitioning positions or techniques though, for me to think it will be easy and smooth and great right away. 
Worried mostly about run stopping when playing teams that value running backs, and the depth and health in the secondary. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

No clue.

The two biggest things I'm wanting to see this season are 1) Bryce Young and 2) this defense. I'm not sure we'll learn much about either through the preseason. Especially the D. I expect us to keep the scheming largely under wraps in the games that don't count. I just wanna see poise and accuracy from Bryce.

• Pie 2

Brians Burns leads the league in sacks and wins DPOTY.

Defense as a whole finish in the top 5.

High expectations? Not really. Rhule is gone we got a legit staff now. Talent has never been our problem on defense. We have plenty of high end talents Burns/Brown/Horn are amongst the best at their positions. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 3