• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey guys, it's 2011 not 2015.

Zod

All along I had tempered and reasonable expectations for this season. IE very possibly a losing season with some glimpses of hope for the future and maybe sneaking in a run for the division or a playoff run if we're lucky.

But getting dragged up and down your own field even in preseason is a significantly lower bar. Seen plenty of that the last few years. Reich and co have their work cut out for them. I'll give them time. But I'll call an ass whooping like I see it when it happens.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Sorry but gonna have to strongly disagree here. We’re coming off a 7 win season not a 2 win season, and our 2 biggest weaknesses we’re coaching and QB both of which we upgraded significantly. In this division I think anything short of a playoff appearance is a disappointment.

Prepare to be disappointed. 

• Pie 1

I thought all along we're looking at maybe 8 wins. Maybe. If we do worse, then we move up the draft (and the Bears as well). If we do better, then we might make the playoffs. This isn't really a playoff team as we're obviously missing several pieces, and we have a rookie QB. Just enjoy the season and hope that Young improves along the way and isn't injured.

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Prepare to be disappointed. 

I wouldn’t be surprised no matter how it turns out. I think Bryce is the real deal, but Reich concerns me considerably. If this season is bad then he should be on the hot seat. He wasn’t hired along with his superstar staff and handed a 1st overall QB to take time to rebuild. 

• Poo 3

Just now, t96 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised no matter how it turns out. I think Bryce is the real deal, but Reich concerns me considerably. If this season is bad then he should be on the hot seat. He wasn’t hired along with his superstar staff and handed a 1st overall QB to take time to rebuild. 

Lol hot seat?   Get real dude

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

Don’t understand after one mean king game why Reich concerns you. You are jumping the gun a bit on your opinion of him. 
I expect bright spots but not playoffs this year. 
Then in 2024 I expect playoff contention. 
Year 3 we are contenders. 
Unless something changes I plan to be patient. 

was about to start a same sentiment type post, except I believe this will be a mediocre season. Next season might as well. After that it better be a winning season or Tepper needs to hire help (though he should’ve done that this year).

we are building a team of top 10 picks ala the Browns…and it’s getting sad. starting to be the place players/top talent come to die. I hope Young can turn it all around. 

On the plus side mediocre is the bottom with these coaches. Problem is if one shines they may be plucked. Also I have more faith in the assistants than Reich. I know he gets a lot of love on here but his past is riddled with god awful decisions.

anyways back to point, people are drastically overreacting over a preseason game. Especially with young…so like four series? Not even a full preseason game. Looks like this place is set up quite nicely for knee jerk threads from the same casual fans claiming he’s the next manning when we lose games and he makes mistakes which he will.

Edited by onmyown