• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Praise for Mingo

Panthercougar68

11 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I am just confused.  1st game of course was a big bummer.  Frank did not want to show other teams anything and he sure didn't.  But at even the blandest vanilla the oline and defense should have shown something. We are lucky not to have a QB injury. The players, especially oline,  are deservedly embarrassed.  Looking for a better effort next 2 games, although the Giants need to feel good about themselves after their 1st game.   Daboll was chewing his team out on the sidelines. 

They might go Jets on us.  I am bracing myself.

My concern with the coaches comments after the first game was all the vanilla talk..

No team comes out with their play book open in the preseason. 

We were  SHUTOUT and BLOWN OUT ..  Maybe we play "vanilla " football better than any other team in the NFL  based on our week one results.  Our place kicker is injured , so we sign another and he get to kick off at the beginning of the game and that's it. We can't even get into field goal range to see if we can snap the ball and get a kick off with this guy. So how did that evaluation go ??

Steve Spurrier, after running up the score on some team.. use to say,, "  if you don't like getting beat that bad,,  get better "

Lets hope we learned a lot from the Jets game.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Y’all some negatives. We have a good team with good depth outside of Corner Depth and TE depth. OL is going to be good, best we’ve had in pretty much forever. WR overall talent level is the best since Moose, Steve, and Ricky. We don’t have a Kuechly and Davis, but Shaq will always be serviceable and Frankie is a dawg. Top tier TE talent is down as a whole across the league. Hurst is average.

The Panthers went to the Super Bowl starting Mike Remmers, Michael Oher, Philly Brown, and Ted Ginn Jr. Let’s not act like that was a super team.

The Panthers went to the Super Bowl because they had a unique and historical QB in his prime with a top of tier defense.   We don't align with that formula. 

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Other Interesting Tidbits:

- Nolen Smith was a player we were watching to pair with Burns in the draft for 39th until he went 30th

- Stephen Sullivan is really pushing Tremble for TE3

Ah. This answers why they panicked and overdrafted DJ Johnson in the third round. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i think it was kind of obvious that the jets weren't in evaluation mode to the degree that we were. they schemed. we didn't. we had no need to. 

this is one of the things i hate about preseason games. it's rare that both teams have the same objective. one of the many things that made belichick such a punk was that preseason games were treated the same way as regular season games, which isn't fair to the team who is just wanting to do some evaluating.  it was dangerous and they came after cam big time. 

repeating myself, we were shut out and blown out because the jets were in it to win and make up for a loss in the HoF game and for looking bad in the joint practices. jets also had to make it look good for hard knocks. 

we should have been better, for sure, but let's not pretend that the jets weren't much more motivated to look better than we were to look good against the other team.

quoting this just so it shows up more. 💯

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Y’all some negatives. We have a good team with good depth outside of Corner Depth and TE depth. OL is going to be good, best we’ve had in pretty much forever. WR overall talent level is the best since Moose, Steve, and Ricky. We don’t have a Kuechly and Davis, but Shaq will always be serviceable and Frankie is a dawg. Top tier TE talent is down as a whole across the league. Hurst is average.

The Panthers went to the Super Bowl starting Mike Remmers, Michael Oher, Philly Brown, and Ted Ginn Jr. Let’s not act like that was a super team.

C’mon. Are you serious? Are you actually downplaying the 2015 team? I get being positive but there is a very high possibility that this current team never gets close to that level, period. It’s certainly not a guarantee that Young becomes an MVP and I like him. That was a super team.

The 2015 team had prime Cam, Greg, Kalil, Turner, Norwell, Short, Star, Luke, Norman, TD, Luke, Shaq, CJ, Allen, Tillman and others.

I mean, it’s one thing to say preseason doesn’t matter and we’ll be fine but actually dissing the 2015 team as if this team is on that level? Crazy.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

The Panthers went to the Super Bowl because they had a unique and historical QB in his prime with a top of tier defense.   We don't align with that formula. 

We also had a bunch of pro bowlers in their prime those playoff years. I still can’t believe someone in here would downplay the talent on that 2015 team.

• Pie 1