• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants game

t96

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't.

It'd be great if some of our fans were a little smarter about it though 😕

Smarter about it? I think most of us know that preseason in a vacuum does not matter at all. HOWEVER, to be outscored 41-3 in 6 quarters and show no ounce of competency on either side of the ball (starters and depth) is very concerning, and you would be lying to say otherwise.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Any coach that coaches to win in preseason and not evaluate weaknesses/strengths is a fool.

Again, preseason matters zilch. 2008 Colts proves it. Good coaches use preseason to evaluate, not win.

Nothing matters until the regular season. For those of y'all quitting before game one of the season, well I don't know what to tell you.

You really can’t evaluate if you’re disadvantaging individual matchups against an opponent that is trying from the top down.

Just now, Castavar said:

Smarter about it? I think most of us know that preseason in a vacuum does not matter at all. HOWEVER, to be outscored 41-3 in 6 quarters and show no ounce of competency on either side of the ball (starters and depth) is very concerning, and you would be lying to say otherwise.

Could be 48-3, please hold

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Agreed. I’m wondering if we are keeping a lot of starters out (or playing them briefly) because of the depth concern. 

You don't hang banners for undefeated preseasons. And(fingers crossed) we have been very healthy this offseason overall.

No reason to risk health for something like this.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ncstatekwi said:

I agree with you….It’s not just preseason…this will be a. Not so good year…we have at least 3 more years to rebuild lol

The problem is the team actually made some progress at the end of last season for the first time in what feels like forever and to come out like this with the money and experience put into the coaching staff is quite surprising. It’s still preseason so hopefully this is just a motivation thing from the starters but the backups look like ass too so that’s definitely not good. 

6 minutes ago, falconlynx said:

Can definitely tell the new fans caring about preseason points. 

If you have confidence in your players in practice, there is no reason to put actual game plans into these glorified scrimmages where the only thing that actually matters is determining the bottom 5 spots on the roster. 

Bottom 5 spots?

Damn I'm struggling to identify the top 5 spots.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1