• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is Ekwonu doing here..?

SZ James (banned)

Icky frankly doesn’t fit a Bryce Young offense.  That’s the reality.    Goes back to pointlessly bringing back Rhule.  Meant you drafted Icky for an unknown offense.  And he fits an offense like Wilks ran.  Boring smash mouth, under center, running.  He is a run blocker at heart. 

• Pie 3

57 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

The OL have the same players but different calls and style of play from last year so it's not going to be all smooth up front. 

Everyone is learning a new system so things will take some time. 

This is true. It’s still scary to watch though lol 

9 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

In time we can get him back but for my QBS life, I'll let him practice that.

It was him running the wrong assignment. He went for the same guy BC did originally then tried to recover. That is mental and doesn’t matter what position he is playing. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Honestly that looks mental which makes me feel better. Think he was trying to pickup the OLB (not sure why).That can get cleaned up, he wasn’t just straight up beat 1 on 1 

Yeah, makes me feel a lot more hopeful than Bozeman getting ragdolled about every 3rd play by Lawrence. That was rough.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, makes me feel a lot more hopeful than Bozeman getting ragdolled about every 3rd play by Lawrence. That was rough.

I noticed that last night too, and it was disconcerting.  The interior OL was getting whipped, and pressure up the gut is about the worst thing for a guy Bryce's size to have to deal with. 

Back when Brees was with the Saints it seemed like that FO would go out of its way to invest in guards, and for good reason.  They gave guys like Jahri Evans huge contract extensions and seemed to routinely bring in FAs like Ben Grubbs.

• Pie 2