• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

a message to The Panthers, David Tepper, and all of you "it's just preseason" "fans" on here

GOAT

Meh.  1st preseason game was ass.  1st half yesterday was better, but  still not good. 

D looks bad (with many starters out tho) and O looks worse...though the starting O actually scored 3 points yesterday0.  Icky had another bad game. 

Hopefully they'll get these kinks out before game 1.

It is the worst we've looked in preseason in a while.  We haven't been shutout/blown out  in a preseason game in a long time.

• Beer 1

I appreciate the passion.  I'm amazed that you're still emotionally affected by the team.  I have low expecations just like with a marriage.  When the team sucks as it does. 

For instance if Bryce ends up not being worth what we had to give up for him, I will laugh comically at the continuous mistakes we have made.  When we are losing 27-0 to nothing, I will be secretly disappointed if we don't get shutout just because the reactionary threads will be more amusing.  This is entertainment and I will treat it as such.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

25 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

200w.gif

I don’t hate the Panthers at all. If I am bothered by one thing now it may be that the players laughing on the sidelines (to the average fan) gives the impression that they are not mentally involved with what is happening on the field. Several coaches that were recruited to join the Panthers staff this year have aspirations to be head coaches. I have to believe that the Panthers are playing a very generic game plan both of offense and defense for a reason. If we do not appear competitive this year it will not be a good look on any aspiring head coaches resume. I am concerned about our left tackle and offensive line more than anything. I was hoping we had it “fixed.” 

3 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Panthers ain't worth the effort bro. Just watch them with bemused interest. I was a "superfan" till SB50. That's when I "got it" and realized they will probably never win the SB. Just another mid level team in the NFL like the Falcons, Chargers, etc. Though we are quickly going into Browns and Lions territory. But it's whatever to me at this point.

Also fans need to realize that Tepper is a bottom 5 owner and having a bad owner is a total anchor on your team.

100% me ^^^^^^^

this team will never win the SB.  Tepper is not half the owner JR Was.  This franchise may sniff the playoffs every 4 or 5 years and that’s about as good as it will get.  Once you accept that you’ll feel so much better. 

55 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Is this the most volatile the preseason has ever been on this fan bases outlook of a season? Lol, the reactions have been all over the place. I get that it’s not great right now but preseason isn’t the end all be all of what’ll go down in the regular season. 

Some fans placed way to high expectations of #9. He’s not the savior and he isn’t Cam by any stretch.  He’s more a game manager and not a home run threat like Cam was. It’s going to be rough going for at least 2 years if not more.  😵💫

Edited by ickmule

9 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Some fans placed way to high expectations of #9. He’s not the savior and he isn’t Cam by any stretch.  He’s more a game manager and not a home run threat like Cam was. It’s going to be rough going for at least 2 years if not more.  😵💫

Well…..I don’t agree that Bryce is a game manager because there’s two years of film that prove otherwise. He very much elevated Bama the past 2 years with his play, with stellar efforts and comeback/clutch wins. Game managers don’t do that. 

But did people place lofty expectations on him for year 1? Sure, I can agree there. He isn’t gonna be Bama Bryce from day 1. 

This doesn’t have to be a Bryce v Cam thing because I mean if you want to do that, it wasn’t always sunshine and rainbows for Cam either and Bryce has yet to play a regular season snap. Let’s relax a lil bit lol

36 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I don’t hate the Panthers at all. If I am bothered by one thing now it may be that the players laughing on the sidelines (to the average fan) gives the impression that they are not mentally involved with what is happening on the field. Several coaches that were recruited to join the Panthers staff this year have aspirations to be head coaches. I have to believe that the Panthers are playing a very generic game plan both of offense and defense for a reason. If we do not appear competitive this year it will not be a good look on any aspiring head coaches resume. I am concerned about our left tackle and offensive line more than anything. I was hoping we had it “fixed.” 

They are probably laughing from reading the reactions on the huddle. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah 😄

I'm a big fan of maturity though, and that isn't what's being shown here.

Ditto patience. Football season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Preseason is basically stretching and warming up before you run.

So should you be worried if you fall over and hit your head on a paving stone when trying to stretch your quad?

Cos that's what we've done so far.

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So should you be worried if you fall over and hit your head on a paving stone when trying to stretch your quad?

Cos that's what we've done so far.

If you wanna make that kind of comparison, this is more like having a hangnail.

(if that)

Edited by Mr. Scot