• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCall Cut!

panfanman

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Huddle: "This team is trash...this defense sucks...teams just march down the field on us.....least talented roster......."

Also Huddle: "Wtf are we THINKING cutting Undrafted FA perennial All-Pro Marquan McCall?!?!??  This will go down in franchise history as the worst move we've ever made"

I'm starting to think a lot of people here just choose to adopt whatever's the contrarian position at any given point.

I think it’s a form a mental gymnastics. If we suck they get to taunt everyone with the whole “I told you so” nonsense. If they are wrong then the Panthers are playing well and no one cares/everyone is happy. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, csx said:

A wiff on a previous coaches UDFA? 

This was my thought exactly.

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Trying to edit...edit...edit...edit...

Was wrong. Was thinking of Tuttle for some reason./ 

Maybe slow down when pissing on your team and you wouldn't get it all over your face.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Huddle: "This team is trash...this defense sucks...teams just march down the field on us.....least talented roster......."

Also Huddle: "Wtf are we THINKING cutting Undrafted FA perennial All-Pro Marquan McCall?!?!??  This will go down in franchise history as the worst move we've ever made"

I'm starting to think a lot of people here just choose to adopt whatever's the contrarian position at any given point.

Yeah, the point is to be negative for the sake of being negative. Subject matter or context doesn't matter. Those people probably have a really miserable life and just need a hug.

21 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Just noticed McCall was cut by Patriots after failing a physical. Maybe Reich and the staff know what they’re doing after all?

Good luck M&M - hope this is not the end of your career. 

My favorite part about situations like this is the inevitable silence from folks that were up in arms over the move.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, Icege said:

My favorite part about situations like this is the inevitable silence from folks that were up in arms over the move.

I was confused and still with the whole knee deal, but seems hes along with not being a "fit", he himself is not fit. I did hear frank say "the coaches kept asking him to do things and he didnt". Seems hes hardheaded or not able to do his duties too. Never the less, i am curious as to how this 3-4 DL plays out....i got no clue and props to the panthers for keeping it a secret. 

• Pie 2

from DGantt:

I'm actually quite curious about the reaction to McCall. He was a solid player last year, and he was the only player on the roster of his particular physical dimension, but he also wasn't exactly Curley Culp or Ted Washington. And when a guy goes from working with the ones in the first week of the preseason to the twos and threes the following week, there's a reasonably obvious signal being sent from the coaching staff. Not everybody picked up on it, I suppose. Anyway, best of luck to Marquan; there are places he fits.

also:

The other signal that's not getting through to some people is that this isn't a traditional 3-4, with a big honking nose tackle in the middle. In other words, they're looking for bigger bodies, as opposed to simply wider bodies. If they could find a couple of cats who were in the 6-5, 320 range, that would be preferable to 6-1, 350s. But yes, I suspect that this week could feature some movement along the defensive line, even in the days after cuts. When you change a defensive scheme, it takes more than one offseason to gather all the parts you need. This isn't a coat of paint in a room; it's a whole-house renovation. And bringing in Shy Tuttle and DeShawn Williams to go with Derrick Brown was a good start, but it's not a finished product.

https://www.panthers.com/news/ask-the-old-guy-so-long-to-the-preseason

3 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

from DGantt:

I'm actually quite curious about the reaction to McCall. He was a solid player last year, and he was the only player on the roster of his particular physical dimension, but he also wasn't exactly Curley Culp or Ted Washington. And when a guy goes from working with the ones in the first week of the preseason to the twos and threes the following week, there's a reasonably obvious signal being sent from the coaching staff. Not everybody picked up on it, I suppose. Anyway, best of luck to Marquan; there are places he fits.

DSC_4537.jpeg

6 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

from DGantt:

The depth chart had him listed as a starter, and then he was cut. 

Why the fug would anyone be curious that the fan base would have a reaction to that?

Has nothing to do with how good he was/wasn’t.