• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying to trade Corral?

ncfan

46 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

It’s hard to comprehend how passionately some fans are against a player who ultimately would be a 3rd string developmental guy. 

Why would these people be happier if we went Young/Dalton vs. Young/Dalton/Corral?

Are you guys passionate about keeping a 5th TE?

Do you think him being around hurts Young?

Educate me outside of “he sucks” please. Even if I agreed that “he’s trash” (it’s too early to say imo), why does it matter to you if we keep a “trash” QB in the 3rd spot? 

We’ve done it before and I don’t recall this level of animosity. 

Negativity is a hell of a drug.

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

It’s hard to comprehend how passionately some fans are against a player who ultimately would be a 3rd string developmental guy. 

Why would these people be happier if we went Young/Dalton vs. Young/Dalton/Corral?

Educate me outside of “he sucks” please. Even if I agreed that “he’s trash” (it’s too early to say imo), why does it matter to you if we keep a “trash” QB in the 3rd spot? 

Its because of he and Young being close in age and experience. They see him as a threat if kept around and Young performs poorly for a little stretch. I see it as Young's team and his job to lose over the course of a couple seasons but they are so blinded in their worry and hatred of Corral that they worry if he remains on the team and develops that Young's job could be threatened one day. If we had both of them for say three seasons and Corral had to come in for Young due to injury and played better consistently time after time or looked like he had developed more and had more of a future I guess I would go with the guy I felt was better suited for the long run. That's no knock on Young as I feel he is far and away the future and think he seems like a truly mature great leader but if Young played bad and was injured for three seasons while Corral stayed healthy and showed to be a force I would have course give the job to Corral as its just smart business but some fans get sop emotionally involved that they cant have it any other way but their own.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I think any offer for him would be a sign of insanity and/or extreme desperation.

Add stupidity to that list (and that is not a dig on Corral).  But we see teams make moves out of insanity, stupidity, desperation, arrogance, or some combination on a pretty regular basis.

Do I think anybody is going to offer us more than a seventh round pick for him, if even that?  No? 

Would I be surprised if somebody did?  Not really.  The quote attributed to PT Barnum (probably falsely) is true.  In fact, it may be optimistic.  Unfortunately, too often that sucker or fool has been us.

I think we could get a late round pick potentially from a team that was interested in him during his draft year.  I mean, he got hurt last preseason so his stock really hasn't changed that much.  And I would suspect teams know that neither Rhule or Frank has really done anything with him.  Frank rightfully focused on Young and before his injury it was pretty documented Rhule's time was on his bad vets. 

Corral likely wants out.  I'd take a 7th rounder for him. 

On 8/24/2023 at 9:23 PM, Wundrbread33 said:

They dump on Corral, but don't you dare question the Young pick.

Well the most recent high profile trade up for a QB has failed now that Trey Lance is likely gone. Time will tell if we are in the same boat three years from now. May as well hold onto Corral and see what he can become.

Imagine if the Packers had offloaded Jordan Love when he looked like hot garbage his first two off-seasons. Where would they be? Purgatory. Now, to my untrained eye, they look like a darkhorse to win the NFC North. 

On 8/24/2023 at 4:23 PM, Wundrbread33 said:

Corral is also a victim of circumstance. Panthers traded up to get him, passing on a QB that a lot of Panthers fans are very familiar with and had a great scouting report on in Sam Howell. If Howell wasn’t available I think a lot of fans around here would still say MC blows mountain goat but the resentment  might not be there. 

On 8/24/2023 at 5:32 PM, Ricky Prickles said:

Its because of he and Young being close in age and experience. They see him as a threat if kept around and Young performs poorly for a little stretch. I see it as Young's team and his job to lose over the course of a couple seasons but they are so blinded in their worry and hatred of Corral that they worry if he remains on the team and develops that Young's job could be threatened one day. If we had both of them for say three seasons and Corral had to come in for Young due to injury and played better consistently time after time or looked like he had developed more and had more of a future I guess I would go with the guy I felt was better suited for the long run. That's no knock on Young as I feel he is far and away the future and think he seems like a truly mature great leader but if Young played bad and was injured for three seasons while Corral stayed healthy and showed to be a force I would have course give the job to Corral as its just smart business but some fans get sop emotionally involved that they cant have it any other way but their own.

Yeah I don’t think anyone actually believes Corral has a snowball’s chance in hell of taking the job from Young. That’s a big stretch.