• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich - slow starts?

NAS

Frank Reich also has no excuses to not perform well anymore too. Outside of having Andrew Luck, he's been handicapped with poor QBs. He now has the staff that he has chosen, the QB he has chosen, and an owner who has given him all that he needs to succeed. If he doesn't succeed here in Carolina, he may never get a chance at a HC gig anymore in the future. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

probably, and then factor in the schedule....it sort of sets up for a slow start for rookie QB, new team, etc.   

Before the bye 4 of the 6 are on the road.  4 of the 6 had winning record and all return their QBs.  The are 2 our divisional games but the standard divisional factor probably doesn't really apply there given the newness of the teams involved. 

Missed a sentence in your post.

Edited.

Edited by thefuzz

38 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Frank Reich also has no excuses to not perform well anymore too. Outside of having Andrew Luck, he's been handicapped with poor QBs. He now has the staff that he has chosen, the QB he has chosen, and an owner who has given him all that he needs to succeed. If he doesn't succeed here in Carolina, he may never get a chance at a HC gig anymore in the future. 

He's had good QB's, but they were so long in the tooth they couldn't overcome a lacking roster.

Rivers and Ryan are edge HOF guys, but they both needed to be paired with strong defenses and great running games to succeed.  Didn't work.

Funny thing I heard the other day, and no clue where I heard it, but word was Shanny was going to pull Rivers in if SF made it to the Super Bowl last year.  Would have been a WILD story.

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Week 1 is also the weirdest week in the NFL.  Bad teams fool people.  Good teams look bad.  It’s the one week I would never wager on. 

however, the overall starts have been slow.  

3-4-1

3-5

5-3

5-3

2-6 

Very Fox/Ron ish.  Gets it going on the backend most of his time.  Wasn’t afforded that opportunity in 22 though. 

its the best week to wager though, the books don't have the data/analytics they use to set lines.

3 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

A Steve Wilks, AR, Foreman combo sounds so much better then a Reich, Young, Sanders combo

Yea...Wilks is going to groom and develop AR into a franchise QB...lol. The amount of nonsense I read on this board is crazy. How many athletic QBs are drafted into the NFL and provide glimpses of shock and awe through their playstyles? And how many of those QBs fizzle and flame out? AR would be on a worse trajectory than Trey Lance if he was drafted here with Wilks

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

A Steve Wilks, AR, Foreman combo sounds so much better then a Reich, Young, Sanders combo

We very likely still have DJ Moore in that scenario as well.

That being said, I still think that we made the right decision by stirring everything up, even if it means we take a step back immediately. Wilkes, AR, Foreman seemed like a safer, same old same old, train of thought to me.

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Yea...Wilks is going to groom and develop AR into a franchise QB...lol. The amount of nonsense I read on this board is crazy. How many athletic QBs are drafted into the NFL and provide glimpses of shock and awe through their playstyles? And how many of those QBs fizzle and flame out? AR would be on a worse trajectory than Trey Lance if he was drafted here with Wilks

You realize that Belichick was a defensive coach right. He didn't develop Tom Brady. Rivera didn't develop Cam. That's what QB coaches do. 

25 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

You realize that Belichick was a defensive coach right. He didn't develop Tom Brady. Rivera didn't develop Cam. That's what QB coaches do. 

I doubt very seriously we would have drafted AR if we kept Wilks. 
Seems like Wilks wanted Stroud. At least that was supposedly part of his interview.